Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Active Minutes to Zone Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The change from displaying ACTIVE minutes to ZONE minutes on the iPhone app without giving us a display option is totally unacceptable! I logged 12,000+ steps today which included 23 floors elevation, 600 cals and 38 zone minutes.......how motivating is that?  Suggest giving us all a display option before some of us end up at some other fit tracking company.

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

So for a while my watch was showing active minutes and inside that I could see my zones.  This is exactly what I want.   It has now all of a sudden switched back to zone minutes.  I would like to know how to switch it back to active minutes instead of zone please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my free trial of premium and I enjoy the bingo, but when it is up in a couple weeks I will NOT pay for it if zone minutes are still required to win.  I pay against my mother-in-law and her fitbit doesn't track active zone as it doesn't have heart rate monitor.  I have a pacemaker and trying to get zones will KILL ME!  Best I can ever do is a couple and that takes a lot.  I refuse to pay for something that the key feature I enjoy isn't safe or compatible for me.  I got a versa 3 because I wanted a watch never would of had I known it dumped active minutes and replaced then with zones that are extremely dangerous for a cardiac patient.  No one likes zones bring back the old active minutes.  It isn't fair when we physically can't reach active zone for medical reasons.  Get it so we can turn it off if we want.  I won't renew premium if this isn't addressed.  

Best Answer

@GabrielleMeece   You posted on this same topic in the Challenges and Adventures forum.  I responded and offered to help.  There is a way to adjust your zones by setting a customized maximum heart rate.  I asked you for your resting heart rate, on the Fitbit app, but you told me your pacemaker setting.  I can work with that.  I asked for your age, which I need, and you never answered.  I am eager to help you.  I have helped others like you who have cardiac limitations.

I'm pretty sure that Fitbit won't go back to active minutes.  Active minutes are inconsistent with the current CDC and WHO activity recommendations for moderate and vigorous activity.  Zone minutes work better with current recommendations.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I'm 36, the highest my heartrate goes is maybe 90 then my pacer kicks on
and it comes down quickly to maybe 70. I would say safely my highest is 85
and may stay at that for a few mins.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GabrielleMeece   I did the math and have this information to guide you.  Like I mentioned, a Custom Max Heart Rate will help.  Here's how to set a Custom Max Heart rate on the mobile app:

• Tap on your profile picture
  • Scroll down to Activity & Wellness and tap on that
  • Tap on Heart Settings
  • Tap on Heart rate zones
  • Toggle Custom Max Heart rate to On -- NOT Custom Heart Rate Zone

Based on the information you gave me, if you set you maximum heart rate to 90, your fat burn will start at 72 and your cardio will start at 78.  If you set it at 100, your fat burn will start at 76 and your cardio will start at 84.  The math requires your resting heart rate.  I used 60, your pacemaker setting.  Feel free to try a setting in between 90 and 100, based on how you feel.

There is one very important thing I want to add.  A device with active minutes will not help you at all.  I did the math for you.  The fat burn zone for active minutes for a 36 year old starts at 92.

Good luck.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I totally agree! Really poor customer service to just take away a feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone like this unilateral decision to switch to zone minutes?

Best Answer
0 Votes