Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issues since IOS 12

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, since updating to IOS 12 my charge 2 won’t sync. Thinking it was issue with the app I deleted and reinstalled, now I can no longer login to the app as it just times out after putting in my login details. Very frustrating, waste of money at this stage. 

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36
Hi, sorry about the language
I have a Surge,version 1634.61
I just downloaded the latest app
Still no luck with my IPhone 6
Best Answer
0 Votes
My iPhone is 12.1.2 version, my Charge 3 is28.200001.49.45 I’ve never seen the pink icon that is mentioned to do an update. My tracker won’t STAY paired with my phone even holding it in my hand . after a few seconds it disconnects, so I never get notifications. My heart rate on my Dashboard only records my resting pulse. I have to sync my phone to get weather, so I might as well just look at my weather app on my phone.
It takes about 40 seconds to a minute, sometimes more to sync my phone. Then I check if it’s still connected to Bluetooth and most of the time it has already disconnected while I’m holding my phone. Does that help?
Hope it’s clear. I keep saying the same thing over and over.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lucette57 and @ScoobeE74, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Lucette57, I appreciate you have come back and detailed your situation to us. I've reached our our Support Team and it seems you have a case created with them and they have recently replied to you. My recommendation at this time to is to reply to them in case you need further assistance as they will have more options to share with you. 

@ScoobeE74, Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

We all thank you for your help.  As through these forums (fora?) it appears that this is a very common, and serious, problem with the charge 3, would you make the solution a sticky at the top of the page when you get it?  It might be an ios12 issue, but Win 10 can't pair with the watch either, so I'm thinking it's in the fitbit implementation.  Thank you.

UPDATE:

Another clue: the app says (under "no fitbit?"): "Please turn on Motion and Fitness in your device settings."

My ios 12 doesn't have such settings (at least not at the menu I'm taken to when I tap the "go to settings" link in the app).

Best Answer
0 Votes
My motion and fitness is turned on. My contacts , however were not. I wonder if that makes a difference as to why I can’t get notifications.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you find motion and fitness?  Did it work once you allowed contacts?  (I haven't seen that option either).

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s under settings ( iPhone) scroll down to your Fitbit app , click on that , then it brings up a list starting with “ Location” it’s about the 4th down that list. Mine was turned on but I still don’t get notifications. Nothing I do has made that work, or help my charge 3 stay connected to Bluetooth on my phone.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue with my alta HR. I tied uninstalling and noe it wont let me log in. 

UDPATE:

I am having the same issue on my Alta HR. I uninstalled it abnd after installing the app again, I get an error message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So on the Charge 3 there's this magic you can work by pressing the 'button' (it's on the left side- very little motion to it so it's easy to miss) for a long time.  Not sure what the time is (30 sec maybe?) but when I did and went to the beginning of the app and started over by "hand" it paired and seems to work.  HTH.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello-
I was given info on resetting my Charge 3 and now it works fine. Thx for the responses!

Will
Best Answer
I have the Alta HR. Is it the same.
Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank those of you who have replied and let us know your devices are now syncing after a restart. 

@Wendy74, are you still having trouble logging in to your account? If so, please reply to us with a screenshot of the error you're getting, this will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is also syncing 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue I’m having is my Surge is not connecting to my iPhone nor my
android
It’s firmware is up to date and the app has been updated
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Wendy74 and @ScoobeE74, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Wendy74, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your device is now syncing, I'm very glad. 

@ScoobeE74, thanks for coming back, I have reached out our Support Team and it seems they have already contacted you via email to request more information from your Surge, would it be possible for you to reply to them? They will have more options to share with you after they receive your reply. 

Thanks for your patience, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Turned my iPhone X on and off about 30 times and disconnected Bluetooth with no joy. This needs to be fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JodieWolf, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue on your side. At this moment, in case you haven't tried yet, please follow these steps in order:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes