Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync to Apple health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Fitbit charge 3 in the mail. I bought my husband an Apple Watch sbout a month ago and I’m considering returning this fitbit and buying myself an Apple Watch also. I hate that the Fitbit doesn’t sync to the Apple health app. Don’t suggest 3rd party syncing apps, I don’t have space on my phone for that nor do I want to clear space as I’m a photographer by trade. Overall, I love how it works, I just need it to sync with my Apple health data and Apple to sync to Fitbit. When I’m not wearing it, I’ll have my phone in my pocket to track steps, such as when it’s charging, that and all the data I have on my Apple health is now pretty much useless because it can’t sync to the Fitbit app. I absolutely love the Fitbit product, but I sadly can’t recommend it.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, @Samcskelton thanks for stopping by and for joining this family! I greatly appreciate your feedback, it is always useful.

I understand your concern and how important it is for you that the Fitbit app can sync with Apple Health. At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions.

If there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Fitbit has lost me as a customer over this issue.  I hope the company reconsiders.  

In a world where there are only two major mobile platforms, each of which has a native health app, I am not investing in a tracker that is incompatible with those apps.

I have had many Fitbit’s.  I had a Flex, a Flex 2, a Charge, a Charge HR, an Alta, a One and a Zip.  I have been happy with them and with the Fitbit app. Over the years however, I have started to use the Apple Health app.  It is connected to various other apps I use to monitor diet, health and fitness.  

Today, I spent time looking for a small, relatively unobtrusive tracker I could wear when I did not feel like wearing a full blown smart watch — e.g., on days I wear a vintage mechanical watch inherited from my late father.  I boiled the choice down to the new Fitbit Inspire or a Garmin Vivosmart 4.  I prefer the Inspire and I would like to stay connected to the Fitbit universe.  But the Vivofit 4 (via Garmin Connect) will seamlessly export data to Apple Health.  The Inspire will not.  

So, I’m buying the Vivosmart 4.  Not only will I not buy the Inspire, but I’ll abandon my Zip and use the Vivosmart with a clip on days where I want nothing on my wrist. 

It is a shame. 

Best Answer

Hello @JFHNYC, thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about not being able to sync Apple Health with Fitbit. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I too will abandon my Fitbit blaze for the same reason.  Not a very good decision on the part of Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello @Ja1000, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your feedback about this situation. As mentioned before, our team does not have plans to implement a feature that allows the Fitbit app to sync with Apple Health. For the time being, many users have recommended using SyncSolver, however as this is not an app developed by Fitbit we're unable to provide support for it. 

Thanks again for your understanding and for sharing your insight about this situation, have a great day. 

Best Answer

I have all these same concerns and intend to swap out my new fitbit for the equivalent Garmin device.  Apple Health is such a basic and irreplaceable feature on iphones that I didn't even think to check whether fitbit had compatibility before purchasing.  Shocking that they won't allow it to integrate fully with the iOS and other products that aren't either allowed 3rd party apps or non-Fitbit branded devices like smart scales.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bryan_V I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining us and provide your insight and feedback about this situation. We know how important is for you and other members of the Community to have the ability to sync Apple Health and Fitbit. However, as mentioned earlier, our team does not have immediate plans to add this feature. 

If anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to let our users know. 

Thanks for understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer

Cumulative 15000+ upvotes across the related topics and counting.  Easily the top requested new feature. Seems like a more thorough response would be appreciated by customers about why the decision was made to not implement this when it is fairly straightforward from a development perspective. Or at least give a disclaimer on the website that fitbit products are missing a basic feature like this so we all could have considered other options before purchasing.

Best Answer

Completely agree that the utility of my Fitbit is diminished exponentially by not syncing or integrating with Apple Health. I’ve had Fitbit since 2013 but Absent a commitment by Fitbit to be compatible with iOS, I’m going to investigate other wearables that do sync with Apple. 

Best Answer

I wish I knew this before buying the new Inspire HR. What a shame. And you’re all right, considering how often it’s brough up, you think they would just integrate the two. Thinking about sending it back and going back to my $30 one that does actually integrate with Apple Health. 

Best Answer

I also have type 2 diabetes so it’s essential that everything including activity is transferred to the apple health app on my phone.  You and your team have definitely dropped the ball on this one.  Looks like I’ll be purchasing a Garmin vivosmart 4.

Best Answer

Hello @H-53E-Driver and @BaronVonSushi thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Ja1000 and @Bryan_VSmiley Happy

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate you have taken the time to provide your feedback about this situation. I know you would like to see this feature implemented in the Fitbit app but as mentioned earlier, our team does not have immediate plans to do it.

As there's nothing else to add to this thread, I'll close it. Thanks for your understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer