Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with 2 iOS devices.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Beware: If have your Fitbit App on both your iPhone and on IPad with handoff enabled in settings, you need to shut one of the devices off when syncing the Fitbit app. (i.e. Use one device at a time... I often have habit of them being on simultaneously.) Otherwise, the Bluetooth won't recognize the Fitbit or do updates on the app. Trust me, I found out the hard way after hours of going crazy syncing my iPhone, troubleshooting with Fitbit support, etc. Once I realized my Mini 2 was on and tried syncing Fitbit app on it, the Bluetooth was fine and everything paired again easily . 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dacactuskid4, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your insight and recommendations, I really appreciate it. Please note that when you set up your Fitbit tracker with an iOS device, you can also open the Fitbit app in another device and your tracker will still sync, it's recommended though, turning off the Bluetooth on one of the devices so it can't interfere with the syncing process. 

Additionally, if you set up Notifications on your tracker, the device where you set them up will establish a Bluetooth link with the tracker and will be a bit more difficult for the tracker to sync with another device unless that bond is removed by going to the Bluetooth settings and making the device to forget the tracker. If you're changing phones, removing this bond is also recommended before setting up the tracker in a new device if necessary.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @dacactuskid4, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your insight and recommendations, I really appreciate it. Please note that when you set up your Fitbit tracker with an iOS device, you can also open the Fitbit app in another device and your tracker will still sync, it's recommended though, turning off the Bluetooth on one of the devices so it can't interfere with the syncing process. 

Additionally, if you set up Notifications on your tracker, the device where you set them up will establish a Bluetooth link with the tracker and will be a bit more difficult for the tracker to sync with another device unless that bond is removed by going to the Bluetooth settings and making the device to forget the tracker. If you're changing phones, removing this bond is also recommended before setting up the tracker in a new device if necessary.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dacactuskid4, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. 

I appreciate your reply and you're very welcome. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes