Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my iPhone to the beta 13 iOS profile and now my versa doesn’t show text notifications. I get Facebook, ig, calls... but no text. I’ve tried following all the steps to make sure the phone and my versa are synced and settings are all right but still no text messages. I need help. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Fitbit does not support beta versions of either iOS or Android. You either have to wait until that version is officially released so Fitbit can certify it or move back to a supported release.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Text messages is the only things that would need to wait for the public version?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not, Fitbit usually starts testing the beta app when the get access to it. They usually don't release an update until the final version gets released and final testing is done. 

For now the beta may or may not work, but I've moved your iOS question to the iOS board. Maybe a fellow beta user can help out. 

Have you removed and reloaded the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I removed it. I checked that notifications was on. My settings on my phone look right. I disconnected the Bluetooth and restarted the phone and turned on Bluetooth and synced the phone.. played around with all the settings. Texts are the one thing not getting notifications. Calls are being notified, ig, Facebook messenger... I ran out of options for why just text messages don’t notify on my watch.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my Charge 2.. Notifications work except for Texts.  Was hoping it would be fixed in Public Beta 3, but I am not sure which side the issue is on.. Fitbit or iOS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue everything seems to go to the watch but text. I'm on the official release of iOS 13. Tried all suggestions which leads me to think it's a API issue or something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated to official version of iOS 13 and all notifications are working
with my FitBit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Been through all the troubleshooting but text notifications just won’t come through!

Best Answer

This is the same for me. I just downloaded iOS 13 yesterday and my text notifications stopped on my Ionic. My calls work but not text.  I have soft reset the watch, deleted the app on my phone, re-paired my watch, hard reset the watch and at that point it needed to update its software but still no luck. I was even on the phone with support yesterday as they said they haven’t heard of this issue with the official iOS 13 release. 

Best Answer

Obviously there is a break with pulling the text data in. As you and I have both attempted the basic and some advanced troubleshooting. 

Even before 13 I had issues where I had to soft reset the watch everyday to receive notifications. 

as we are creatures of habit when those text don’t show up on the watch it’s become an inconvenience lol. 

I was dealing with not being able to reply since Apple locks that down for non Apple watches. Not receiving makes it that much more annoying. 

Best Answer

That’s great for you. Odd how some aren’t affected and others are. Again every notification works but text. Glad you are receiving text 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine now works. Happened as I was on the phone again with customer service at FitBit. They didn’t do anything though just walked me through the settings making sure they were all good and asked for a screenshot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes