Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles unresponsive within the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app is not working on my iPhone. (Yes it is up to date, and yes I tried turning my phone off/on as well as force quitting the app. :)) it is logging my steps and activity fine, but it won’t let me actually click on my workweek hustle challenges, bingo challenges, or log my exercise/food buttons. I can scroll to see yesterday and previous days. If I delete the app from my phone, will I lose all my data?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Ahinman20 , no, you will definitely not delete any data by re-downloading your app!  Once you have synced all data is stored safely on the Fitbit servers, so you can safely force quit, or, if necessary, delete the app completely and redownload.  Nothing will be lost!

Let us know if it works.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @Ahinman20 , no, you will definitely not delete any data by re-downloading your app!  Once you have synced all data is stored safely on the Fitbit servers, so you can safely force quit, or, if necessary, delete the app completely and redownload.  Nothing will be lost!

Let us know if it works.

Best Answer

It worked! Thank you!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Ahinman20 I am so glad that got it sorted out for you!

Best Answer

When I go into the app it won’t let me click on different things like my steps, exercise, water, food, and other parts of my main screen and won’t let me log anything. I can click on the different pages from the bottom like discovery, community, etc. and get to my info page but nothing else. I’ve tried restarting my phone a couple times, updating the app, and swiping out of the app but nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Liaaanna , of none of those steps has worked for you I would suggest deleting the app and redownloading it.  Be sure you know your email and password that you used to set up your account.  You will not lose any data by deleting the app and reloading it as long as you use the same email address where your data is. stored.

Best Answer

HI @Julia_G @Ahinman20! Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I just wanted to confirm that I have escalated your reports to our team and they are currently looking into what might be causing the issue. 

I will be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available. In the meantime, I advise keeping your Fitbit app up to date. Thanks again for calling this out!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you! Someone suggested that if I delete the app, it might solve it. I was hesitant to delete the app because i didn’t know if it would delete my data with it. But alas, it worked! My app is working again. I will say it seemed to happen right after I switched to Fitbit premium, so I don’t know if there was a glitch with that or not. But it’s back working, thank you!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

10-16-20:  The same thing happened on my iPad last night.  The Dashboard was completely white.  My Charge 4 was still keeping data but could not sync with anything.  MyFitnessPal was syncing info yet to Fitbit and it showed up on my laptop dashboard.  I came to the community for help to see if anyone else was having the same difficutly.  I saw this "old" post and tried it.  I too was scared to delete the app and lose my data and wondered about what would happen if I redownloaded the app and signed in with my username and password.  It worked just as you said!  Thanks!  You saying that my data was saved on a Fitbit server and using my username and password could retrieve it made me feel better about trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @ThePixieLady , I am glad that fixed it for you.  I am pretty sure this issue has been solved in the latest versions of the app, so it is a good idea to try to keep your Fitbit app up to date.  But if in doubt, you can always delete the app without affecting your data.  The app really is just a set of instructions.  Your data is not stored on your phone (so even if your phone dies completely, or you change phones, your data is secure.

Best Answer