Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone not changing automatically.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went to Chicago a couple days ago when I got there a chance that Chicago time when I got back home it would not change back anyone have any ideas of what I can do

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and every step tried on your own. While I'm glad you were able to sort this out, I'm sorry you've had this experience with your Fitbit device. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and features, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is appreciated and it won't go unnoticed.

To keep our forums organized, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you're having this issue, I'd recommend trying the steps described in this help article. On the other hand, if you have a different question, you can start a new thread to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Chattycathy55, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around Smiley Happy

I have moved your post from the Versa board to the iOS board where it can bet more focused attention in regards to your problem.

I appreciate you've brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you set the timezone in the app to Automatic? If so, please follow these steps:

1. Disable this option by going to Account > Advance Settings > Timezone and select yours manually.
  2. Go back to the app Dashboard and sync your tracker.
  3. If this doesn't seem to work and the timezone resets again, go back and select your timezone manually again.
  4. Go back to the Dashboard. Next, force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app.
  5. Open the app, go back to the Timezone and check if it's still the one you selected.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I just had this same issue. In my Account under Advanced Settings I had "Automatic time zone" checked which uses the network provided time zone.  I turned that off and turned on "Automatic location".  Re-synced my app, and now I'm on the correct time zone. 

Best Answer
Thanks so much. I did eventually get this taken care of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chattycathy55, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved after restarting your Fitbit device, I'm very glad. It's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community @Honeygirl808, thanks for joining us, I'm sure the troubleshooting steps you've provided will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco

I have problems with my Charge HR and now Versa NOT changing EVERY TIME I cross a time zone. I have turned the automatic time zone on and off. Location is set to automatic.

I followed the directions in this post the last time I was unable to get my watch to change time zone. Yesterday I crossed a time zone again with time zone = auto and location = auto. Again the watch did not change the time. I synced and synced and nothing. I finally turned auto time zone off and on and then the time zone changed.. this is 24 hours after entering the time zone and syncing multiple times. 

What can be done about this? I don’t travel a lot so I have sift through all this support s*#% whenever I cross a time zone. This is a royal pain in the a**. 

When will this issue be “fixed”? By “fixed” I mean the time changes without lots and lots of my time to fix every time I cross a time zone. My 2015 CRV does this automatically without fail. 

the most important thing about a timepiece is TO KEEP TIME. Everything else is secondary 

Best Answer

My Fitbit versa changed time zones and won’t go back

Best Answer

Hello @frpx4912, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know you're experiencing this issue. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response.

At this moment, if you haven't yet, please restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. If after syncing your Versa after restarting it does not updates the timezone, please go to the Fitbit app  > Account > Advanced Settings and make sure under timezone "Automatic" is selected. If it is, force-quit the app, open it again and force a sync by pulling down the screen while on the Dashboard screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem every time I change time zones. I toggle auto time zone location off and set the right time zone on both the app and the website. This doesn’t work. I toggle auto location and time zone back on and sync. It still doesn't change. I restart my Versa and try both those things again. Still no luck.

This is, far and away, the biggest problem with this device. Changing times zones should simply not be the impossible chore that it is.

And this has happened every time I've traveled with my Versa since purchasing it almost four months ago.

Best Answer

Hello @Ben_Alpers, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and reported this situation. I would also like to thank you for having tried to troubleshoot this situation already. At this time, I would like to ask you update the Fitbit app in case you haven't done it yet. Then, if your Versa is still not updating the time zone automatically after you sync, please let us know so we can check this further, please reply with the following information:

• iPhone model you're using.
  • OS version running on your phone.
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Versa version (tap on the Versa picture in the Dashboard to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit changed time zone the next day

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @frpx4912, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back and let us know your issue seems to have been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Automatic time zone - grey

Automatic location - blue

Thanks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem remains totally unsolved. When I move between time zones, the Fitbit app on my iPad shows the correct time zone, but my Versa never does.  This goes on for days. Sometimes the Versa eventually updates correctly. Most of the time it never does.

I am using an iPad Pro (9.7 inch) running iOS 12.3.1m, Fitbit app 2.95 (839), and Versa version 33.1.30

This remains, far and away, the worst thing about this device. 

Best Answer

I have both a samsung s10 and an iphone 7 with software version 12.4.1   Havent' done the 13 update yet.

I usually use the s10 and it synchs with the versa 2 except the time zone.   Have tried the set automatically and also manual.   Same thing with the iphone 7.  When I have that synched with the watch and I go to set time on the phone with the fitbit app here is what happens.  I change to not automatically set time zone.  I then scroll down to an east coast time.  I see the check mark on the right.  When I got to the top to go back to the main screen within three seconds it automatically changes back to LA time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve read your suggestions but I can’t even find Advanced settings on my App.how do I get there? i have Versa 2

Best Answer

On the Versa 2 the time zone settings are under APP Settings right under Account settings. Everything else is pretty much as described.  Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with all these responses is the become obsolete the moment that FitBit does an app update.  The current version 3.51.1 has no provision for time other than format (12 vs 24 hr).  There is no App Setting under Account settings any more.

I have tried everything listed here and in other threads.  Power cycle the phone, the watch, switch the phone from autodetect to fixed time zone. synced the watch/phone a dozen times.  The phone pulls data but does not push the time to the watch.  This **ahem** watch has been nothing but trouble. Why is it so hard for a watch to display the correct time.  That Apple Watch is starting to look better every day!

Best Answer

I have to agree with MKE2Sailors about the Apple Watch looking better.  Had a Versa 2 for years before it died and I am afraid I purchased the Versa 3 to replace it.  Phone shows the correct time but the "watch" time is still off.  Rebooted phone and watch 4 times and still the wrong time.  After reading the above, I found in App Settings a setting to select the Time Zone which did not fix it.  Turned on Automatic Location and the time has finally caught up with me and I can actually use the watch to tell time again.  What a pain.

Best Answer

I swapped it on the off and changed over perfectly. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes