Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing to your iOS device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

• Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
     *On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon > next to the name of your Fitbit device Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Requirements

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings  

General > Software Update

• Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings  

Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings  

> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  7. Open the Fitbit app.
  8. If your Fitbit device doesn’t sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
  9. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

Hi, I’ve been though all these steps again and again for few days.  Very frustrated that my brand new fitbit charge 5 is not syncing with my iPhone 8SE iOS v15.2.1 (19C63).

Fitbit charge 5 Version: 57.20001.149.11

My other Bluetooth device are not connected.

It is totally impossible to keep a stable Bluetooth connection with the charge5.

Please help me to resolve it otherwise my next step is to go to another brand such as Garmin or iWatch.

I hope you have an answer because I like my charge 5 a lot.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Yeah, it’s clear that fitbits don’t pair with iPhones. I have a brand new versa 3 and no one at your company can fix it. It has not worked properly since the moment I received it and all Fitbit does is ignore their paying customers. 

Best Answer

I have done all of the above, spoken with help desk 3 times. My Luxe just dropped off about 3 days ago and will NOT sync back! Although it appears to show my calories on the app?? It’s not even linked! 
I Phone 8 Plus IOS 15.3.1

Fitbit Luxe 3.54 (1098)

I bought at Sam’s club over Xmas. Can I just return it?? Does anyone know?? 
I have literally spent hours on trying to fix this thing! I am done!!!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

I say this is new an issue with Apple being so difficult to work with. I just had to switch from my Samsung to Apple for work and it has been the WORST! Fitbit ran like a dream on the Android platform. Sounds like I need to switch to an Apple Watch, which is exactly what Apple wants….

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyones Fitbit sync daily/automatically with the iOS app? Anyone? I have to go in manually every single day to have my Sense upload my metrics to the app. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, followed the steps a few times and still doesn’t sync. I think Fibit knows the issue but they just turned a blind eye. No more buying their products.

Best Answer

Starting to think the reason this is happening is so we will buy new devices.  

Best Answer
Well jokes on them because I bought a smart watch. I was perfectly happy with my Fitbit until it stopped syncing!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What I don't understand is that since Fibit knows their equipment is not compatible with apple, why don't they create equipments that can stand on its own.  Why do need to pair it with a phone in order to update the "time" and "date" ?  If any Fibit people are reading this ????  you need to resolve this issue that we're all having.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was compatible up until 3/3/2022,  I have not updated since before that so what's the deal??  Did they do something to make it not work so now we will FORCED to purchase a new device.  I wouldn't purchase a fitbit if it isn't going to work with my phone anymore.  

Best Answer

I bought mine when I had an android. It worked flawlessly. Ever since I switched to an iPhone it just won’t sync on its own. I have to open the app. I’m trying to like it, but I don’t think the company cares. They still limit the watch face number to 5, so they’re not real tuned in. 

Best Answer

Updated iOS and app both to the newest version and my Charge 5 still have issues syncing. None of the troubleshooting steps work. Please solve the manual syncing issue or bring back automatic syncing.

Best Answer

So many complaints for so long. I’m very disappointed with my Fitbit. So many of these complaints with the syncing disappearing on their Fitbit’s since 2020, fix the problem, I have an iPhone 12 not sure what else info you need 

ps I called your people about this problem and it lasted a day at best after 4 foreign call center employees couldn’t help

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit versa 3 and have never had an issue until I got this iPhone. My preference is android, and I might have to go back!  I think apple just does not play nicely with others! Now I have all sorts of issues with my Fitbit staying synced and my scale is having issues also. My controls don’t stay connected so I can’t use a lot of the features like, I don’t get my txt messages on my watch etc. it is so frustrating!!!! Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer

I see this is just about 2 years ago so not sure if it is worthwhile to reply but figured I don't have anything to lose. I have a Charge 3 and am using an iPhone 7. I basically did everyone as everyone suggested including you. I reinstalled the app. I unpaired my device. I tried pairing it again but would not pair. I did this quite of few times and it would not pair and kept giving me the message it was taking too long. Then it showed the Fitbit symbol on the face of the phone with the number 105 under it. I connected my device to the charger and it would not do anything except vibrate and the symbol stayed visible. I have it connected for a couple of hours and the Fitbit symbol and number is now gone. The happy face is there but device will not do anything including pairing. My phone is still not finding my device. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Both mine and

my husbands.  His had the depleting battery issue.  Had to charge ever day.  Since the last update for him this weeks.  Seems it is lasted a few days.   Both of us every so often had the issue with auto synch.  Had to manually do.   But  Since last update that it rarely auto synchs.  And I have to restart and **ahem** down the app on my iPhone.  This is ridiculous.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my food log (meals and macro breakdown) stopped syncing last week. I see all the info on the dashboard in a web browser, but it won’t sync to my phone. Everything else syncs. I am on an iPhone X using the latest iOS version 15.6, Fitbit app version 3.64.

85FECB61-BA12-4CD6-B5B2-B89F7D9A0918.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has to be done every single day.   Sometimes more than once.  Hardly ever synchs automatically.   

Best Answer
Still true

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

nothing from those above works to sync Versa3 to Mac. 
I really have enough of it...

Best Answer
0 Votes