Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing to your iOS device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

• Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
     *On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon > next to the name of your Fitbit device Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Requirements

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings  

General > Software Update

• Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings  

Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings  

> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  7. Open the Fitbit app.
  8. If your Fitbit device doesn’t sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
  9. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

After the recent update the tracker and phone failed to sync.  I performed a factory reset, deleted and added the app, added the tracker as new device and tracker and phone still cannot be paired. I have removed all devices from account and followed all other steps as suggested.  Please help.

Best Answer

Exactly my feelings!  I loved my charge 2. Reported Bluetooth problem with no response.  Have to connect again at least a couple of times a day.  And I still believe they somehow make it so the Fitbit doesn’t last real long. Many reported the problems I had before my 2 died. 

Best Answer

Thank you.  Like everyone on this forum, I've tried everything suggested by Fitbit multiple times, nothing works (connects, won't sync - abort, retry, disconnect/reconnect Bluetooth, reboot device, delete account, etc..).  I've spent too much time on this - I'm done...moving on to another device.  😡  

Best Answer

I have been looking - the Garmin Vivosmart looks good......

Best Answer
Right now my Charge 3 is working well, through my playing directly with the
Charger, not the help afforded me from Fit bit !
Just hope it lasts......

--
Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of these tips and every time I try to sync is says that it can’t find my device. I have a Versa & trying to sync to iPhone X Max. Every since the firmware update I see my step if I press on the shoe & others things but it’s giving sync error. So tired of this

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 11 and a fitbit ionic. This is possibly my sixth ionic; every one I’ve owned has malfunctioned somehow and I have to get them replaced because I can’t afford to pay for a different one even if it’s discounted. This is the first time I’ve had syncing problems that I can’t resolve, though. I’m so frustrated: as someone who relies on fitness tracking for helping to maintain weight loss, it makes me scared not to have the most accurate information I can. 

Best Answer

Tried both of these methods and my screen is still black. 

Best Answer

It's so frustrating not to have real help, on iPads (old) being perfectly synchronised on iPhone 11 since yesterday, it doesn't work anymore. I need integrated gps, see cardio zones, so you don't go. Can you help us?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for spending time writing. None of your suggestions have worked. And based on other comments we have purchased a $200 lemon (Versa2). 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my versa.  Must be a hardware problem otherwise would have fixed this with software and/or firmware updates. I have to restart my watch pretty much any time I need to synch. Fitbit customer service agents are very nice but there is not much they can do since they are trying to fix a flawed device.  This is my 3 or 4th fitbit and all of them had issues or failed at some point early in their life.  If the apple watch starts improving battery life then I will probably make the switch even though I am rooting for fitbit to improve their quality and have been using them for years.  I like the app and support but the hardware seems to be lacking.  good luck.

Best Answer

My charge 4 will not get notifications from my iPhone snd I have tried all troubleshooting.  I have iPhone XR and iOS 14

Best Answer

I have been having same problem on my Versa 2 ever since the update last week. I have tried all the suggestions to try to correct this problem; delete app, turn off Bluetooth, turn off phone, hard restart of Fitbit, setup/replace device, etc., etc. I am so frustrated. I have an iPhone 6s Plus, ios 14.0.1 (just updated phone). If you can offer any help I would appreciate it. Thanks pennylou. 

Best Answer

iPhone 11

iOS 14.0.1

Fit Bit app 3.31 (993)

App will not sync, and now, will not even pair with my phone.

Best Answer

I've been using Fitbit for over 5 years. First Charge, then Charge 2, now Charge 4, very disappointed. Moving to another brand. 

Best Answer

A couple of weeks ago this issue stopped happening - I have no idea why but my Fitbit is syncing again now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and after combing through all the official ways to fix this and having none of them work, all I did was the following in the iPhone Fitbit mobile app :

1. Click on your profile pic in the top left-hand corner
  2. Clicked on "+ Set Up a Device" 
  3. I didn't remove my device. I didn't want to lose my unsynched data. It asked me if I wanted to replace my Charge 2 because I already had one connected to my account. I choose the banner at the bottom that said "Replace Your Fitbit Charge 2".
  4. Went through all the introductory steps and then it was synced again. All my data from my Fitbit was uploaded perfectly.

I'm hoping this works with other models.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing!! After all the other things I’ve tried, my app is finally synced again. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Icon, which I click to sync device with my laptop, has disappeared from the top bar of my "Safari" Browser. I can find no other way to 'sync'. I do not use a smart phone or iPad. I want to sync my Fitbit with my LAPTOP COMPUTER. Could you please tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi

If your laptop has Bluetooth that might work. Can’t think of anything else 
Best Answer
0 Votes