Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Weight Loss from Start Date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used weight goals on my FitBit and eventually got to my target weight.  I was then able to configure (through the website app only, not iOS) a Start Date of what I weighed when I got my FitBit and the tile on my phone app would show my total weight loss since then (94 pounds since Oct 2018).  When the new app was enabled it simply showed my current weight and invited me to set a goal.  Due to updates the older instructions on how to show total weight loss since a certain start date don't work anymore.  How can I do this now in the new app (or even on the website) to show total weight loss since a specific date.  I just want to see what I've lost over time, not be told from week to week to gain or lose .2 pounds to maintain my current weight.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DawnSeven 

Good to hear back from you. Unfortunately once you hit your goal it will default to saying your on target. I understand the motivation to see the actual weight loss and Date is a much better motivator. But regardless don’t let this discourage your motivation 😃 Your doing amazing! If ya don’t believe me go ask that girl in the mirror....she thinks your amazing and beautifully perfect. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @DawnSeven 

First and foremost a huge congratulations to you for losing 94 pounds!! This is amazing 😃 I hope I can help you. Please try this: 

Open your Fitbit app and go to where your current challenges and completed challenges are displayed. Scroll through them and you will see your weight. ( if your weight log is not there tap the word discover on the bottom left of your screen, then tap health & fitness stats and make sure weight has a green check on it) Once you see your weight log don’t tap the plus sign to the right but instead tap the center of the weight log tile and at the top of the screen you will see a graph.... tap that graph and it should enlarge for easier viewing. Once the graph enlarges look to the top of your screen you will see 1 wk 1 month 3 months 1 year and “all” Just tap how much you want to view. After you are done just simply tap the up/down arrows on the upper right of the screen then tap the word “Today” to bring you back to the main screen. Hopefully this provides you with a solution to your question 😃 please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mega 🙂  

I think a picture might be worth a thousand words in what I'm trying to do...

My app with the new interface now looks like this: 

FBDash.png

On the old iOS app this tile said "94 pounds lost" instead of my actual weight, and underneath where it says "Right on target" now, it used to say since "since Oct 2018".   

I'd like to get back to just seeing my total weight loss, without having a goal where the app is telling me to gain and lose small increments each week because my weight goes from 150 to 149.8 to 150.2.  I've deleted the weight goal, I've deleted the food plan (so I don't have anything set saying I'm trying to maintain, gain, or lose), and all of my weekly weight data is in the app, so when I previously did this entered a weight goal of 155, and a start date of 10/1/18 (at which point my weight log has that I weighed 244) and without telling me to gain or lose from day to day it just showed my weight loss from Oct 1.  Maybe it just can't do that anymore.  😞  

Best Answer

Hello @DawnSeven 

Good to hear back from you. Unfortunately once you hit your goal it will default to saying your on target. I understand the motivation to see the actual weight loss and Date is a much better motivator. But regardless don’t let this discourage your motivation 😃 Your doing amazing! If ya don’t believe me go ask that girl in the mirror....she thinks your amazing and beautifully perfect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes