Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker isn't syncing because it says Bluetooth is off when it's not.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Syncing doesn't happen and the message (topic title) is displayed. Even though a) bluetooth is on and b) de Alta HR is listed in de connected devices (Bluetooth settings). 

iPhone version: 11.1.2

Fitbit app: 2.43

No issues with other Bluetooth devices. 

Any ideas? 

Kind regards, 

Eelco

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @EelcoG welcome to the Fitbit Community, I hope you're having a great day.

At this moment, if you're still getting the Bluetooth error in the Fitbit app, please try the following:

• Turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone while the app is open, then turn it back on through the Control Center. (Try this multiple times) until the tracker starts syncing.
  • Force-close the app by double tapping the button on your iPhone and swipe up the app. 
  • Log out from the app, restart your iPhone and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hello EelcoG,

i had the same problem last night. My app wasn’t syncing, it said my Bluetooth wasn’t connected when it was still switched on. 

So, I did the following this morning: turned off the Bluetooth connection. Switched it back on, connected my Fitbit and the app started syncing again. 

Thanks. 

😎

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to join the conversation and let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve your issue. I'm sure they will be very helpful for @EelcoG and for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks for your participation in the Forums, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply! 

Best Answer

Ever since I updated...I have had same problem on both phone and iPad...not syncing consistently...I turn off and back on...sometimes getting results...most times not. Sorry that I ever did update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mimi1967, thanks for joining us, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience and letting me know about this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, try to sync with your iPhone. If your tracker is still not syncing correctly, please reply to me with the following information so I can check this further and determine what we should do next:

1. Which watch or tracker are you currently using?
  2. Which iPhone model are you using?
  3. OS version running on your phone.
  4. App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it.)
  5. List of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes