Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two devices and two users but one app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can I have two devices used by two different people set up to sync to one app? My son (to young for a iOS device) wants my old flex since I've upgraded to one with the HR feature. I'd love for him to have it but not sure how to go about deleting my info from it or syncing it when I will have my new one on my phone. Anyone know?
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
As long as you have two email addresses you can use two Fitbit devices on one Fitbit app. Just use a different email address for each device.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is ABSURD I can't have two Fitbits on my Dashboard. One for use and one for charging. Why not fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes but WHY?  if I have two FitBits WHY can't they allow two on one dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StevenChiangMai ,

Fitbit allows multiple trackers of different models, though sadly none of the newer models.

If what you're trying to achieve is to keep your Fitbit charged consistently, then plug it in to charge while you shower.  Politely assuming that you're showering regularly, it may never reach 100% but it'll charge enough to get you through another day.

During the time when it took me to compose this message my Sense has gone from 19% charge to 29% charge.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no that's not the issue - i want two trackers on my dashboard - merged stats whichever I use

Best Answer

@StevenChiangMai,

That is the way it currently works, when you have multiple trackers.  This is a screenshot of my dashboard:

PureEvil_0-1614960297944.png

I have two Fitbits (One and Sense), and honestly the dashboard doesn't look any different than if I had only one tracker.  Fitbit does not separate stats for each tracker, it actually really doesn't make any sense to separate them at all.

The way that it works is that your activity is your activity, it doesn't matter which tracker measured it.  It's like measuring your temperature or your weight, just jot it down.  Do you really care which thermometer or scale you used?  Probably not.  This is what makes the most sense.

I was more alluding to why you feel you need two trackers, and to that I can only go by the comment on your earlier post:

"One for use and one for charging."

So to that end, I'll answer your question in saying that the dashboard works with two trackers in the way that (at least I feel) is the most sensible and to then ask the question, "why do you feel the need to have two separate trackers?"

Or more specifically, what are the features that one tracker lacks that another tracker has?  And which trackers are those?

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CrystalGerhart - The answer in your case is no. It will not keep the data separate.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MichelMassie - The answer is no. Fitbit will not keep the data separate. Each person must have a separate account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have two trackers and it will not merge the data as you describe

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want two trackers as I do not trust my Fitbit to charge continually. I get the constant problem - that everyone gets -  that the power source is insufficient and so when that happens I could put on the second tracker

Best Answer

@StevenChiangMai ,

If you manage to pair them both to the same account (and you can only do that with certain trackers), it will show up on the same dashboard.  This is what it looks like:

PureEvil_0-1615001871504.png

As for keeping the tracker continuously charged, like I mentioned before if you plug it in to charge while you shower, it should keep its charge.  Here's the charge with the elapsed time:

fitbit-17minutecharge.jpg

So while this is one of the older trackers, it takes a 24% charge in 17 minutes.  This is consistent with other trackers.  I don't know how fast you shower, but this should be enough to take you to the next day.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

that's the POINT I cannot pair the two FitBit trackers to the same account!!

and forget your 'shower story' FitBits have a HUGE failure in that they will not charge 'insufficient power source' - this has been a constant complaint by many FitBit owners - it needs FIXING

Best Answer

@StevenChiangMai ,

First, you can pair multiple trackers to one account, depending on which trackers.  I have a Sense and One paired to the same account; I posted a screenshot.  If you're willing to use an older tracker (like the Charge 2) for a couple of hours while your newer tracker charges once every five days, then it'll work just fine.

Second, you can sufficiently charge it and quickly, but maybe not through a USB port on a computer.  Consider trying either a USB plug or a USB battery pack (which would work better in the shower anyway).

Third, I don't work for Fitbit; I'm merely trying to unblock you.  You can either continue to wait for Fitbit to implement this feature OR try what I suggested, which I know will work.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
Stop emailing!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@plstransky,

If you want to stop getting e-mails, unsubscribe to the thread.  Go to the gear icon on the top of the page and click on "Unsubscribe".

PureEvil_1-1615139747058.png

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

Hello DerrickS,

So now that Humana is sending out fitbits to the elderly it would be very useful if we could have two people be able to use one account. My parents are 85 years old and share an email and share a phone number.

In the interim, I will have my mother in law on her number and set up another one for my father in law, but likely his will not be syncing much. I think toggling accounts on an app will be confusing for them. Ideas on a best way to do this? (She manages all things technology.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning,

Nu husband has now two Fitbits, one for work because it gets scratches on the screen and one neat one for out of work times.

It is a inspire HR and a charge 4. 

How can I get to work on one account without having to change from one to another?

I hope someone has a solution.

Efie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Efie - here is the official answer from the Fitbit Help pages. In order to use two devices as you describe, one could be from the list below. The other would have to be from a much older model. 

47DE1C8B-FDA9-495B-BC7B-757377F8D05D.jpeg

Best Answer

Unfortunately fitbit have done away with fitbit connect so it is no longer possible to sync to a laptop. I am having similar issues as my husbands phone isn't up to date enough to run the fitbit app. This is just another example.of how much fitbit has gone downhill since the Google takeover.

Best Answer
0 Votes