Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new friends

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently have about 250 friends.  As of yesterday, when selecting "Add Friend", the button changes to "friend request sent", then shortly after it goes back to "Add Friend"....  is there a maximum limit of 250 friends?  I have tried it on my phone and iPad - same behavior.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @WasabiDoobie,  thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Robot Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, you can have up to 2,000 friends within the Fitbit app. Once you add a person to your friend list, a clock icon will be displayed letting you know the invitation is still pending and the person needs to accept it. When the invitation is reverting, are you trying to add friends from your phone contacts, Facebook or through email? Does it happen with every person you're trying to invite?

In either case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your mobile device and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and if you're still experiencing the same issue, please reply to me with a screenshot of your app. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @WasabiDoobie,  thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Robot Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, you can have up to 2,000 friends within the Fitbit app. Once you add a person to your friend list, a clock icon will be displayed letting you know the invitation is still pending and the person needs to accept it. When the invitation is reverting, are you trying to add friends from your phone contacts, Facebook or through email? Does it happen with every person you're trying to invite?

In either case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your mobile device and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and if you're still experiencing the same issue, please reply to me with a screenshot of your app. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delayed response.  I am having the same issue on my phone, iPad and web client!  I thought maybe I had sent too many requests in one day, but maybe it was like 20 or so.  I see the "Add Friend" button, it changes to "Friend Request Sent" gray bar, then changes immediately back to "Add Friend".  It's really been frustrating.  I have tried restarting my devices, login out, and login back in.  No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue and no luck resolving it

can you elaborate on exactly what you mean in your step one please? You suggest force close it by double tapping the home button and swiping up - then I'm assuming you are suggesting tapping the app button to open it back up and log off then restart the phone

i tried that and no change - am I missing something? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer

I'm certain is an account issue - as I'm having the same issue on the web client as well.. I'm not maxed on number of friends, I believe I only have about 250.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WasabiDoobie, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around too.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I contacted our engineering team and they're now aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I'm open to a remote support session so they can see my web client screen.

Also - this thread is marked as a solved issue and that the solutions has been accepted, neither one being the case.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Engineering has been 'notified'... hopefully we'll get some traction soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on a fix for this bug yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with no changes. Haven't heard about any updates to fix this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

At this moment I haven't receive an update regarding this issue. However, once I learn anything else about this situation I'll be updating this thread accordingly. 

I appreciate your patience, in the meantime if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any news or updates about this? Now it's starting to bother me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me. Was this issue ever resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes