Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change language from the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I can't change default Chinese app language. All info in Chinese. Default language of my IPhone is Russian. Whats wrong? Where is setting for changing language? I need to change language to English. And YES, I read topic about changing language:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1536

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @nadT, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Have you tried changing the language of your phone to English? Have you changed the language on the online Dashboard to English as well? If so, please open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account button then tap on Advance Settings and check that your Country is set to an English-speaking one. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hello! I just bought  new Fitbit charge 2 and when I cnahge the language to English, it just goes back to german. The same happens on the Fitbit website, it s just gives me a java message saying “javascript{0}”. All my settings are set rock great Britten, but it’s  still set to german.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Guilherme_Fitbi, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to suggest you to try the following steps to change the language on your tracker:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Country.
  4. Turn off the option to automatically detect your country.
  5. Choose your country and then sync your tracker or watch.
  6. Sync your tracker.

Now, in order to change the language in the online Dashboard, if you're getting an error when changing it to English, please try to use a different browser.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
Hello! Thank you for trying to help, but I have already deselected the automatic country selection. I am also not able to switch my clock face either. Is there supposed to be a select button? Because I don’t have one. And what you told me to do with the browser doesn’t work either. Thanks for trying to help though. Do you have any other tips?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Guilherme_Fitbi, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I've described above. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the online Dashboard and scroll all the way down. You will be able to see the country currently set in your account / Dashboard / tracker:

Changelanguage.PNG

If the country is any other than yours, click on it and you will be redirected to a page where you can change it. Select your country and then sync your tracker. 

Now, when it comes to the clock-faces, go to the device Settings inside the online Dashboard and search for Clock Display. Click on it to change your current clock-face. Don't forget to sync afterwards for the changes to take effect. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not able to do the country selection. it doesn’t let me select a different country. Thank you for your help though.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to buy a Fitbit and I will want to know if there is the Arabic language on the watch. Thank you.

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Guilherme_Fitbi and @avensis, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@Guilherme_Fitbi, thanks for letting me know you have tried to change your country already. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see when you select a different country? That will be very helpful for me. 

@avensis, for the moment the Fitbit watches do not support Arabic languages. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes