Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create custom meal in app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can't I create a custom meal with my iPhone app? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @mclass, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you getting an error message when trying to create a custom meal inside the app? Is your app updated? If so, in order to create a custom meal, please tap on the Food Tile in the app, then tap on the plus sign on the top right corner of the screen and on the next screen tap on CUSTOM.

In here tap on Add Custom Food.

CustomFoodApp.png

On the next screen, type the name of your Custom Food, Brand (if necessary), serving and calories. You can also tap on Switch to Detailed View to add more information about your food such as protein, carbohydrates, etc. Once you finish, tap on Save on the top right corner.

CustomFoodApp2.png

After tapping on Save, your new food will be available to select under the CUSTOM tab. 

CustomFoodApp3.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @mclass, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you getting an error message when trying to create a custom meal inside the app? Is your app updated? If so, in order to create a custom meal, please tap on the Food Tile in the app, then tap on the plus sign on the top right corner of the screen and on the next screen tap on CUSTOM.

In here tap on Add Custom Food.

CustomFoodApp.png

On the next screen, type the name of your Custom Food, Brand (if necessary), serving and calories. You can also tap on Switch to Detailed View to add more information about your food such as protein, carbohydrates, etc. Once you finish, tap on Save on the top right corner.

CustomFoodApp2.png

After tapping on Save, your new food will be available to select under the CUSTOM tab. 

CustomFoodApp3.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thanks, for taking the time to answer me.It worked for me, but I guess I was expecting more. I thought I would be able to pick from the frequent or recent list and than add it.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My question is similar.  I want to create a frequent "meal" so I don't have to type in each item every time.  Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

Hello @Retpesma, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please note that when you create a Custom Food and if you log it regularly, the Custom Food will appear under the Frequent tab inside the food tile. Just tap on it to add it, you won't have to type it again. Additionally, if there's a certain food you have to type and if you log it regularly as well, it will appear under the Frequent tab too. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stumbled across this old thread and I am having the same question and this response doesn't quite answer it.  What the goal is, is a "meal".  For example:

I get a cup of coffee in the morning and it includes:

My coffee keurig pod

Sugar

Cream

As it stands, I have to add each individual item.  I want to be able to combine these 3 items into a simple "cup of coffee" but not by adding up all the individual calories and such myself.  Looking to add the items, which I use the barcodes to scan, into a grouping so I can simply add the group as needed.

If I often eat chicken, baked potato and green beans, I want to have a group that I have my 3 items listed and can add it all at once.

Best Answer

I agree with the above comment, I make a chicken burrito for dinner several nights a week, i have listed all and scaned the ingredients used. It would be beneficial to be able to name all 6 ingredients as "chicken burrito" and be able to select it to add to the daily total. You already have this function on your Fitbit.com web site but I use a tablet or my phone app.

Best Answer

I’ve been using Fitbit for years and I honestly don’t know why. I recently started using an iPad. It is absolutely infuriating that all the different apps (Android and Apple) and on-line all work so drastically different. It’s like Fitbit hired a bunch of clueless engineers and made them all sit in different rooms and not talk to each other. And as you have probably learned from this community question, no one from Fitbit seems to understand the difference between a Custom Food and a Custom Meal. My best answer for you is that Custom Meals can only be entered via your internet login. Totally assinine. When my Fitbit Charge 2 finally dies, I won’t be buying a Fitbit product again!

Best Answer