Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have two different tracker set up in one account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if you can have two different Fitbit trackers sync to the same person/app. Like if I have a Charge 2 for on land and get a Flex 2 for in the pool.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes!  That is one of the cooler things about fitbit.

You can have multiple trackers connected to the same account so long as they are different types (ie., a Charge 2 and a Flex 2 can be on the same account, but two Charge 2s cannot). You can change trackers throughout the day and one will pick up where the other left off. Check this article for more.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Yes!  That is one of the cooler things about fitbit.

You can have multiple trackers connected to the same account so long as they are different types (ie., a Charge 2 and a Flex 2 can be on the same account, but two Charge 2s cannot). You can change trackers throughout the day and one will pick up where the other left off. Check this article for more.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Extremely disappointed that FitBit App can’t handle 2 FitBit Flex2’s at the same time.

Surely this is a very common request, let’s get some better code writers on this.

Best Answer

Hello @AceDublB, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please note that even when it's possible to have 2 different Fitbit models linked to one account, the reason it's not possible to have 2 of a kind (2 Flex 2 for example) is because the app will detect the second tracker as a replacement, thus removing the first one as they are basically the same hardware. 

I understand your concern about this situation, however our team does not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply but disappointing news after one purchases a second tracker and find out that it won’t work.

My suggestion, issue a new identical App and call it FitbitPlus to enable iPad users to have separate Apps for their pair of identical trackers.

I have a Windows PC but it seems I need to purchase a “Dongle” to connect, is that correct. If so, will the PC then connect to just my second tracker?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @AceDublB, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

Please note that if you want to sync with a computer, you will need a USB dongle unless your computer already has native Bluetooth. With native Bluetooth you can download either the Fitbit Connect Software or app (depending on the Windows version on your PC) through this site. Take in consideration that if you have only 1 account, when you sync through a mobile device or a computer, the information from the tracker (or trackers) will be saved on the same account. 

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. I think your idea could be really useful for many users and our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where our members can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future. This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! 

Best Answer

I have the versa and the ionic will I be able to sync the both to my account soon because I enjoy them both and for the price of both I think that feature should be included

Best Answer

Hello @Kizer5, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment it's not possible to have both smartwatches linked to the same account. I understand how important this is for you, which is why I would like to suggest you to check @m_matson's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. Feel free to vote and comment on this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Hello I've been seeing this issue on the board for a while now and I hope there is an update for it soon! I can kind of understand if you have two of the same fitbit's that they cannot be on the same dashboard in the same account. But I have two of the newest fitbit's the HR and the charge 3. It seems that the only thing it will do is sink steps. And maybe sleeping patterns I haven't tried that yet with the HR just got it today. But I can't get texts on both of them. And only the charge 3 will report my heart rate to the app. These are the first fitbit's I've ever bought and I would like to continue to use them, so I hope there is an update for this soon. Seems like it should be an easy fix to be able to toggle between two fitbit's in the same account. I have 30 days before I need to return them so I hope that an update comes out soon! If not we'll just have to go back to my gear for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tconstantine — Charge HR (or an Alta HR, not sure what you have) and Charge 3 should get along fine.  It looks like you have been able to set both of them up on your account and that steps are synching correctly.  I don’t have that combination of trackers but I don’t think you’ll have any problem switching one for the other and consistently getting sleep records (except maybe if you decide to wake yourself up in the middle of the night and sleep then).  

Regarding notifications, remember that the CH3 has much more robust notifications than the Charge HR or Alta HR (the Charge HR can only receive call notifications, the Alta HR gets phone, text, and calendar notifications, and the CH3 adds app notifications). Here is what you can expect from each if you set them both up to receive notifications.

I hope this helps.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I have a flex and a flex2 on the same account ? If not, what is the next tracker up from a flex that will work with a flex ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a charge 3 and an Alta HR both on the same account. It seems when I added another device it just made it much harder for the app to sync either of the devices.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tconstantine and @Macheek, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @Baltoscott, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Macheek, please note that you can have a Flex and a Flex 2 in your account at the same time, the information between both of them will be consolidated and will not be duplicated. However, we do not advice to use both trackers at the same time. 

Please note that you can have several trackers set up in your account, the exception will be having 2 of the same tracker or having 2 devices with Fitbit OS (Charge 3, Ionic, Versa). Meaning that if you have a Versa set up in your account, you won't be able to set up an Ionic or a Charge 3 on it. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Not very customer or market savvy. You make the Charge 3 in two colors and a client who wants to use both can’t! Where’s you marketing and sales team on this?

Best Answer

Am I understanding correctly.  I CANNOT have Charge 3 and Versa 2 on the same account.  That's not what I was told.

I keep trying to ADD the Versa 2 and it asks me if I want to SWITCH the Charge 3.  No, I want both on my account.  I was told I could have 2 devices on one account prior to purchasing the Versa 2.  I want to use the Charge 3 for sleep tracking and the Versa 2 for daytime use.

Best Answer

Sadly, that is correct. You cannot have a Charge 3 and a Versa (of any type) on the same account. You have to switch.  This is true of all the current gen (past couple of years) Fitbits. 😞

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes
So eht when I asked that specific question I was told by rep that I could have two devices on my account.  That was deciding factor in my purchasing Versa 2.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm surprised anyone at Fitbit told you that. 

I can see why someone might have thought it was possible by reading through the forums, though. It is confusing because for a long time you used to be able to have multiple fitbits on the same account. However, they Fitbit introduced a new operating systems about three years ago that is designed to support third party-apps for some devices. That started with the Charge 3, Versa, and Ionic. Those three devices and anything introduced since then (Versa 2, Charge 4) cannot be on an account at the same time. I don't know why, but apparently multi-tracker support for devices with the current OS is harder than it was with the legacy OS. Oddly, you can have an older fitbit like the One or Charge 2 on the same account as a newer fitbit such as the Versa 2, but since they are both 'newer' fitbits, you can't do that with a Charge 3 and a Versa 2. :-(.

There is a Feature Suggestion here were you can add your vote in favor of multi-tracker support.

In the meantime, the easiest solution is probably to return your Versa 2 where you bought it. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your reply.  Good info.  If I understand correctly, I could have the Versa 2 and the Charge 2 on the same account.  Right?   There are things I like about the Versa 2.  My primary objection was not having 2 devices in one account.  
I have a Charge 2.  If I can do load the Charge 2 and the Versa 2, I would rather return the Charge 3 and keep the Versa 2.
Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Yep, if you’ve got a charge 2 you can have it and the Versa 2 on the same account.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes