Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have two different tracker set up in one account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if you can have two different Fitbit trackers sync to the same person/app. Like if I have a Charge 2 for on land and get a Flex 2 for in the pool.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I am like a lot of Fitbit owners, having started with a One and progressed on as more sophisticated models are introduced.  My last one was an original model Versa, and I now wear a Versa 2.

I like my Versa 2, but when doing yard work or other potentially damaging activities, I would like to wear my original Versa.  If I damage my tracker, I would prefer that it be the older model!  Yet the app will not support two Versa trackers, even though they are different models.

How many Fitbit owners have more than one?  I'll bet there are a lot of us, and the ability to have more than one on an account would be appreciated by many of us.  You should reconsider your refusal to work on this value-added feature.

Best Answer

I should clarify my previous message regarding the use of both a Versa and Versa 2 on my account.  I am an Android (phone, tablet) user but realized my message showed IOS forum, which is where my search about using two trackers took me.  I have no idea if the question I asked would be operating-system specific, but I am sure it would be of interest to all users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

really not good if you wanted to keep a charge 3 and a Versa! Makes it pointless! Yes you need to add this feature

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really bad programming! Nothing to recommend 

Best Answer

I have a Versa and a Versa 2. Are they considered to be the same type or different type? Can I sync them to the same account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kwiggins -- sorry, but no. You can only have one of your Versas on your account at a time.  In fact, none of the models fitbit is currently selling or that has been introduced in the last couple of years can be on the same account at the same time.  

Switching from one to the other can be done.  Takes 5-10 minutes -- basically you just add whichever one is not currently synced with your account, and you will be asked to confirm you want to remove the one that is currently synced.  So your Versa could be a backup while you are charging the Versa 2. Just remember to sync whatever you are wearing before you switch so you get credit for all the activity and steps that are on the device before you remove it. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: As of November 2020, you can NO LONGER CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES.

The situation is a little more nuanced: If you have a very old Fitbit device that was already connected, it will stay connected (example: Surge, Charge 2, maybe an Inspire). But none of the devices that are currently for sale or any of the currently supported devices (even if they're not for sale) can be added to an account as a second device anymore.

Fitbit has been less than transparent about this change. They have a lot of material out there that says that it's still possible and gives you all the reasons why you would want to do so, but they've added notes to a couple of those articles that says "Note that you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account" (see: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715.htm)

This feature-downgrade is so new that the tech support people at Fitbit didn't seem to know about the change when I called to get support on connecting my new Fitbit Sense without disconnecting my Versa or my Charge. When I connected the sense, it forced me to disconnect from the Versa. The first person I spoke to said I just had an unworkable combination of devices, but the second tier support corrected that. I can still switch between devices, but only by completely removing one and re-adding the other, then repeating the process. It' no longer seamless and it isn't practical. It's a huge step backwards.

Best Answer

We all need to make this requests heard of having 2 fitness of the same OS within the same account dashboard. 

Best Answer

If you read through the posts this goes back YEARS.  It's obvious that Fitbit either can't or won't do this for us, but it makes sense to keep asking.  Maybe someone will consider it whenever they make a change to a new OS, although the trend seems to be pointing toward a switch to the Google Wear system. 

Best Answer

Bought an additional charge 5 because the battery doesn’t last very long only to find out I can’t use both at the same time on the Fitbit app. Changed from Ionic due to recall. Disappointed.

Best Answer

I am too. I wanted to get a second fitbit for rough use outdoors when I am doing my activities and then Sense for home use. But because I was told I cant have 2 fitbits with the same OS on the same fitbit app, I had no choice but to forget about the idea of buying a second unit. Fitbit could have made more $$$ if they resolve this issue as I know many of us wants to own a second fitbit.

Best Answer

I agree- just bought a new Versa 3 because my other had a little cracking in corner. I planned to use the two year old one for when I’m gardening and keep one in great condition. Seems like Fitbit would be happy to have use buy and use more than one device. Explain why your techs can’t figure out this?

Best Answer

I have two fitbit watches one is Charge 5 and the other one is sensitive. I had to purchase Sense as the Charge 5 conked off for more than 6 days. Suddenly the Chagrge 5started working I find Charge 5 more friendly that the Sense. Can I not have both under one account? If yes, please let me know how can I add Charge 5 now so that both watches can be active.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it appears that even after years of asking, Fitbit still has not provided a way to have two trackers active in the same account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, very annoyingly,  it is not possible with a Sense2 or Versa2.  Maddening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have my very old Charge 2 and my Charge 5 connected to fitbit app simultaneously.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe I read in one of the old posts that you can't have two connected at the same time if they were both using the same OS. Perhaps the one is old enough to allow what you are doing..

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my Charge 5 conked off. No matter how I tried, it won't work. After some time, I purchased a new one (I liked the way the software was configured and that's why I purchased a new one from Fitbit) and the older one too started working after a vigorous cleaning of contacts. I thought I would be able to use both of them. Now I will try to open a new account and try and then let everyone know about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It would seem the ability to have two devices on the same account is not possible. The linked article in the OPs first post has been edited with a text box stating that it's a limitation of newer devices that use the "gallery" and then goes on to list them, including Sense2. I've just bought one and because I know my original charge2 and current Versa2 were both listed in the account I assumed the Sense 2 could be added too. But addng the sense2 has removed the older devices, one of which I wanted to keep as a workhorse and the new one for best. I'll see if the original charge2 will link to the account as a +1, but seems unlikely.
Best Answer
You will have to remove one to add other. You can have 2. I had Ionic before recall and charge 2 linked.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes