Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete IOS Fitbit app notifications on iPhone and iPad?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do you have a resolution or work around to be able to clear all IOS Fitbit app notifications that are piling up on my iPhone -- more than a month's worth?

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @Jules7, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If you'd like to remove the Notifications on your iPhone or iPad, you can go to Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and disable the option Show in Notification Center. 

AppNotifications.png

Once disabled, the Notifications will disappear. Keep in mind that if you remove them, you will not be able to receive call, text or calendar Notifications if your Fitbit tracker is compatible with them. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit  I think you and @Jules7 might be talking about two different sources of notifications.  You are talking about the call, text, and calendar notifications.  I think @Jules7 might be talking about the notifications that are coming from within the app.  The latest app update moved the account icon to the upper right.  Now there is a notifications icon in the lower right.

IMG_0235.PNG

Yesterday, I got one congratulating me for an auto recognized run.  This isn't something I need a notification for and this is the one I want to turn off.  There is no way to delete them from the screen.

IMG_0236.PNG

@Jules7  Is this the type of notification you are talking about?

I want and need the call and text notifications.  But I don't want these notifications.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZeeW — I am talking about those notifications within the app (lower right corner), such as you mention. The “Congrats you have met your daily goal” and those that tell you how many more steps you need to meet your goal. I am okay with these notifications, However. there needs to be a way to delete them. Currently I have 50+ in there — since March 2, and they need to be cleaned up. I am requesting the ability to “Edit”, “Delete”, and “Delete All” be added quickly. Does the app developer use his/her own app?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Same here. I've got these 'encouragements' piling up from February. Has anyone heard back from Fitbit yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mo-con, thanks for joining us, it's nice to see new faces around. Hi @LZeeW and @Jules7, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

@Jules7 and @LZeeW, thanks for clarifying this with me, at this moment it's not possible to remove these type of notifications showing in the app. I understand these notifications might clog your feed and that you want to be able to remove them, which is why I would like to suggest you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can vote for it and add their comments, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention of the development team.

I hope this clarifies the situation, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit  There is another thread on this same topic with a bunch of unhappy users who also want to be able to turn this feature off.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

IMG_1473.PNG

IMG_1474.PNG

Go to setting, then Fitbit, then notifications, and turn it off

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, ShaiKingTroy, however that has no impact on the notifications that appear within the FitBit app (lower right corner within the App) -- they are still piling up day by day. Unable to stop or delete.
Best Answer

I am sorry that I can not help you with that, as for some reason my ipad did not get the update yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, the update is only available in the USA right now and I am a Canadian

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it isn't, it's to wait for the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wait for the update, I will probably be back very soon. Many Fitbit costumers are complaining and I bet I will be back early may

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jgwalk, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around too @ShaiKingTroy@Jules7 and @LZeeWSmiley Happy

Even though at this moment is not possible to delete these notifications, I would like to suggest voting for @LZeeW's suggested idea. Add your comments and suggestions, our team is always working on improving the Fitbit experience and I'm sure that, like you, many people would like to have the ability to delete these notifications. 

I hope this can be helpful, thanks for your patience and understanding. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see no reason why an option to delete unwanted notification must be voted on by the user base.  It is an option you can add to the app.  Those who wish to use it can remove the notifications.  Those who do not use it can leave the notifications in place.  It is not feature removal or feature change issue.  It is addressing the desires of the people who have given you money and expect service and support.  The software is a critical component of the device, and it needs to function in a manner appropriate to user expectations.  Listen to your customers.  They are giving you valuable market information.  By ignoring their concerns, you risk alienating them, which will have both short and long-term impact on your company.

Best Answer

Why don't you make immediate changes to the app to eliminate the notifications after 48 hours.    They're a nuisance and starting to make a very valid reason to shop for a different activity tracker.

Best Answer

Well, it's evident Fitbit knows this is a problem because it was reported months ago....and it still isn't fixed.

Time to find another activity tracker.

Best Answer

MarcoG -- Can you please provide an update on progress to date of any action or plan that Fitbit is taking on being able to stop these annoying notifications WITHIN the app on iphone and ipad?  Nothing is autodeleting and my devices still contain unneeded notifications within the app that I would like to stop or at least be able to delete each week.  Thanks.

Additionally, can I remove them if I delete the app and reload?  

Thanks,

Julies7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on the ability to remove notifications and messages within the app. I have messages that are over a year old. Fitbit needs to listen to their customers and give us the option to clear this clutter from our apps.

Best Answer
No new information from FitBit, unfortunately. Fitbit, can you please give us an update on IF or WHEN this software issue will be corrected. Within the iOS app? PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! I love my Fitbit, but it will need replacing later this year. If the app remains a problem, the others begin to look better.....
Best Answer