Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 shows notifications even if app is blocked on IOS Screen Time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to disable it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Dhawal. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around.

Thanks for the information provided. Just to confirm, do you mean that your Versa 2 continues receiving notifications even if your phone is locked? If that's correct and you don't wish to receive notifications at all, you can swipe down from the top of your watch's screen, tap the quick settings icon and turn off the Do Not Disturb (circle icon) and Sleep Mode (moon icon) settings to disable the notifications.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I've just experienced this same phenomenon. Essentially, using the Screen Time option on iPhones can set limits on the amount of time you can use an app, after that limit is exceeded, the app gets blocked and notifications from it stop being shown on the phone. Somehow, the fitbit doesn't recognize this and displays notifications for those blocked apps even when the phone doesn't display them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Minimin963. Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention, as well for explaining what you're receiving notifications despite having blocked the apps with Screen Time on your iPhone. This is unusual as your Fitbit should display notifications that were received on your phone. To further investigate this matter, please provide me with the model of your Fitbit device as well with your iPhone's model and OS version.

In the meantime, please turn Off the Notifications on your Fitbit device. For smartwatches, please turn on the Do Not Disturb and Sleep Mode options within the quick settings icon.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! For sure, I have an Inspire HR, and I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.3.1.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Minimin963. It's great to see you again and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for replying back with the requested information. I've gone ahead and shared your information to our team so they can look into your post and further investigate this situation. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

In the meantime, let me recommend to turn Off the notifications as mentioned above to avoid receiving notifications on your Inspire HR.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes