Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download new app on my iPhone 4s using iOS 9.3.5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sos.   I deleted the app, now cannot reinstall the latest version on my iPhone 4s / iOS 9.3.5.   No big bucks for a new phone, I thought this new app ran on iOS 9.0 minimum?  What next -

#missmysteps

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

well after spending much time and frustrated trying this trying that approach, and using my wife's tracker as a test dummy, it seems everything has paid off.  here is what I did;

I do a full restart on the silly thing by plugging it into the computer and press the restart button 3x in a 5 second period --- did this a few times and viola, it finally worked.    good luck

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I'm having the exact same problem!  Just bought new Alta  HR From my employer for wellness program, only to find out my 4s won't support it.  I can't afford new phone either!😔

Best Answer

wellness and frustration should never be in the same sentence!  I have been trying to search how to download a previous version of the fitbit app, but so far no luck.  I am still going for a hike today however and will add the steps manually later I guess...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Enjoy your hike! I'd love to tell Fitbit to take a hike...lol. Hopefully all will work out. I have not deleted the old app yet but it won't do anything but tell me I need to update!! How and why do they say a 4s is compatible when 4s is not compatible w new updated app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

just a mini update.  my wife has the same version of iphone (I think) and the same iOS, i deleted her device (fitbit one) and tried to connect my flex 2, but it didn't see it and wouldn't connect of course.  Again I haven't been able to download the latest app sept 11th (oh and yes my wife has the latest update on her iphone).  any ideas?  is their a telephone number for support or issues or anything??  Thanks for viewing this post

Best Answer
0 Votes

another update....getting closer?   So I connected my iPhone to the computer and logged into my itunes account and guess what....I downloaded the new app!  But wait, it couldn't find my flex 2, but when I checked my settings it said i was connected to my flew 2.  so I clicked "forget this device" ta da, it then saw it and found the tracker ----- but wait then it said we found your tracker!   ....connecting with the little wheel, spinning and spinning and spinning.....what the #%$#@#%  and that is where I sit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

well after spending much time and frustrated trying this trying that approach, and using my wife's tracker as a test dummy, it seems everything has paid off.  here is what I did;

I do a full restart on the silly thing by plugging it into the computer and press the restart button 3x in a 5 second period --- did this a few times and viola, it finally worked.    good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can’f Get Fitbit app on iPhone 4s 

is there a way to do it without a computer etc as I don’t have these anything but iphone4s 

should not be restricted to the wealthy ppl to get lastest phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RS2013   I am very sorry, but an iPhone must be able to support iOS 11 for the Fitbit app to work.  Your phone just can't support the software.   You do not need the latest iPhone.  I don't know where you are located, but US cell phone carriers still offer new iPhone 8 models.

These types of changes happen to all kinds of devices.  I once had an older, but very useful printer become useless when I upgraded my computer's operating system.  The technology advances.  I do not believe that there is malicious intent on the part of Fitbit, Apple (who made my computer), or HP, (who made my printer).

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No worries. This was from a very long time ago. I’ve updated my phone since. Thanks. And happy stepping !

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes