Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download the Fitbit app on a Mac.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I looked for de FITBIT App from the apple store to download at my Mac but seems there is no any app  has any body download it to your personal computer?

Regards. 

Gabe

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

Hello @Gabo1107, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

Please note that the Fitbit app is only available to the App Store in mobile devices. If you'd like to sync your tracker with your Mac computer, please check our set up page, where you will be able to found the link that will redirect you to download the Fitbit Connect installer that will work with your computer. Please note that if your Mac does not have native Bluetooth you will need a USB dongle for your tracker to sync with a computer.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I've gone to the setup page and there appears to be no option to download the app onto my Mac.  It says "This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices".

Help!

UPDATE:

Never mind!  Was too quick on the keys.  Figured it out.

Best Answer

I've got the same issue.  How did you solve it?  

UPDATE:

I found the link from the article posted about.  

Best Answer

Hello @gacanuck and @Opus143, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marco,

but on Mac it is not possible to set up Fitbit Versa.

Best Answer

Hello @VistaUser, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me. Please note that in order to set up your Versa with your Mac Computer you will need to download the Fitbit Connect software from our Setup page

MacDownload.PNG

Make sure to select Mac for the site to refresh and let you download the executable (.dmg) for your Mac. Then, follow these steps:

1. If your computer isn’t Bluetooth-enabled, insert a wireless sync dongle into a USB port on your computer.
  2. After installing, when prompted, choose Set up a New Fitbit Device
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect your device. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

but there's no option to setup Versa on Mac??

Best Answer

Hello @estara, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for sharing your findings. I have double checked with our development team and in fact, The Fitbit Versa, Ionic, Ace and Aria 2 can't be set up through Fitbit Connect on a Mac computer. At this moment I would like to advise you to try using a mobile device (such as an smartphone or tablet) to set up your Fitbit Versa. 

I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and for the inconveniences this situation has caused you. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Marco. I hope it’ll be available in the near future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @estara, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will faind great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Is there a date when the FitBit Versa will be supported on a Mac?

Thanks

Guy

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

At this moment I don't have information about whether Fitbit Connect will be able to be used to set up a Versa in your account. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't Versa be set up with Fitbit Connect?  Will we ever be able?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @slwplace, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. At this moment we don't have information that indicates Fitbit Connect will be used to set up a Versa. Our team is aware of this situation and once we have any updates to share we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Most of the time I would spend on the app would not be on the go, but at
home on the laptop when I can look at stats and other information on the
app. Would be nice to be able to get Fitbit Connect for Versa on the
laptop. What would prevent developers from doing this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @slwplace, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided your feedback about this situation. Please note that as mentioned earlier, we don't have any updates regarding Fitbit Connect being able to be used to set up the Versa. I understand how important for you is to have this feature in Fitbit Connect, which is why I would like to encourage you to submit your own suggested idea; this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

Thanks for your understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @slwplace, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided your feedback about this situation. Please note that as mentioned earlier, we don't have any updates regarding Fitbit Connect being able to be used to set up the Versa. I understand how important for you is to have this feature in Fitbit Connect, which is why I would like to encourage you to submit your own suggested idea; this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

Thanks for your understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Suggestion for Fitbit - include Versa in the Fitbit Connect app so I can
review my account and activities on my laptop computer.
Best Answer

how do i transfer music from my mac to my fitbit?

Best Answer