Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get in-app Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is my Fitbit notifications are not updating when I meet my daily goal?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Yeh me too. my last notification was on the 17th of June, I've had none since

Best Answer
My last one was June 16th

Thanks,

Alison L. Thompson
Best Answer

Hi, I read on the community that they no longer do these notifications due to feedback. Hope this helps

Best Answer

For some reason Fitbit has decided to ignore this issue.  Saying it was due to feedback makes no sense as the notification tab in the app now is empty and I really doubt that anyone cared that step goals were being messaged there.  I am really annoyed at their response to this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I agree with you I’ve gotten no response either, my notifications stopped telling me how many steps to goal on 6/18

Does Fitbit care? Apparently not!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a great day! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that based on customer feedback, the Fitbit app has stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center. You can continue to receive these notifications as push notifications by turning on Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications. Additionally, go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and ensure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am very upset about the notifications not showing on my phone for the Fitbit. Why have it on there if it cannot be used. Why was it removed? I am surely not the only one complaining!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dixielou, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and I understand your concern about this feature being removed from the Fitbit app. We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, so our team can reconsider the decision of removing in-app Notifications.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They replaced the in-app notifications with push notifications, banners at the top of your screen or on your lock screen.

are those working for you?

mine aren’t and haven’t in weeks. I now have to chart my own times and goals on paper. If it wasn’t for the heart rate tracking I would have deleted the app and ditched my device. Sadly my doctor won’t let me do that, yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Zeta18, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for your feedback about this situation. Please note that as stated above, based on customer feedback, the Fitbit app has stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center and are only coming through as push notifications. 

I understand you would like to have the in-app Notifications back which is why I suggested @Dixielou u to submit this as a suggested idea, so our team can reconsider the decision of removing in-app Notifications.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I’ve accepted that the in-app notifications aren’t coming back. 

I would appreciate it if the push notifications are the only option for our goals to acknowledged that they would work. 

Since June 18 I’ve received less that five total push notifications. Could that be more consistent?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Zeta18, thanks for replying, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your feedback about this situation and I understand how important for you is to get more consistent push Notifications. At this moment I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync in the Fitbit app so your Fitbit device can sync in the background with the Fitbit app, this will make push Notifications to show more consistently, as when the device syncs (in the background) the app will update your step count more frequently. 

Please note that enabling All-day Sync will not drain the battery on your device or your phone faster than usual. Now, to set it up go to Account > Your device and scroll down until you see All-day Sync, then enable it and manually sync your device. Remember to keep the on the Bluetooth on your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried to make a suggestion that they bring back the notifications but it would not let me post! I have been off course ever since they changed it! I will no longer recommend the Alta to my friends. My motto is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Work on things that really are causing problems. Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DixieLou7, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for voicing your feedback about this feature. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Recently, our team has done some changes about notifications and they do not currently have plans to revert this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes