Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get text Notifications on Versa.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just set up my versa today and the text vibration is not working. I've checked my phone for notifications and Fitbit app and seems set up correctly. can't figure it out 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Hi @Hbjenny. How exciting for you to have the latest Fitbit! Tap here for troubleshooting tips to resolve your issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn’t working for texts or phone calls. What else can I do? 

UPDATE:

It’s working. Turned off Bluetooth and restarted Fitbit Versa and now it’s working. Thank you so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still doesn’t work and I’ve tried restarting, Bluetooth off and even did a shutdown on it. Dissapointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hbjenny@Sammiedo26 and @jBnY27, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for all your help @SunsetRunner, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

@Sammiedo26, I'm very glad to know your issue has now been resolved after turning off Bluetooth and restarting your Versa, thanks for coming back and let us know!

@jBnY27 and @Hbjenny, if you're still having trouble receiving Notifications on your Versa and you have already restarted your phone and Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, please try the following:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help and reply. Unfortunately I tried all of those
options and I even tried doing the manufacturer resetting and just starting
from scratch and I still can’t get text messages notification. I get a
notification from amazon, email, Netflix even other messaging apps like
LINE and WhatsApp but nothing comes over from my text messages.

UPDATE

I tried all of the above. I even did the manufacturers reset to see if maybe that would help and it doesn’t. Seems like the only notification I don’t get is from text messages. I receive notifications from my email, Amazon, Netflix and even other messaging apps like WhatsApp. I went into my messaging settings and did what was suggested and still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jBnY27, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues receiving text messages on my versa watch. I have an android phone. I followed the steps in the link about but there is not an option in my fitbit app to select text message notifications. Not sure why..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @randee95, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reaching us and letting us know you're having trouble with text messages on your Fitbit device. Please note that as this board is dedicated to iOS devices, the settings on your phone might be different. However, please make sure that in your phone, text Notifications have enabled sounds. If text Notifications do not have sounds enabled, they might not reach your Fitbit device. 

For more information about Notifications on Android devices, please check our Android board. Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Fitbit for valentines. First 2 days no issues.  After that, i have to shut my watch down at least once a day because it will randomly stop getting text messages, emails, phone calls???  What else do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mmaddock, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. If you have an Android phone, check the following:
    • Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
    • Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
    • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Reset your Versa once again.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

I hope this can be helpful, please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip on 'Always connect' - I've been having to restart my phone 2-3 times daily, but I'll give that a go. I use bluetooth headphones morning and night so that may be causing the issue, but they are off for the time inbetween.

Best Answer

Hello @Dale74 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 🙂

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know you will be giving the instructions on my previous post a try, please keep us updated and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting my text notifications either on my versa 2. I am getting calls and Snapchat just not my text messages.

I have tried restarting the Fitbit, deleting the app and relogging in, disabling the Bluetooth and then reconnect it, turning my phone off and back on again. Nothing has worked. 

Is there anything that you can do to help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone: it was hard to find that not only all notifications should be on but notification previews need to turn on.

Iphone > settings> notifications > notifications preview turn on with always.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having the same issue. I used to get text message notifications, but I also turned off and on bluetooth, reset phone and still can not get text messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I am having the same issue. I did all the troubleshooting suggestions and I STILL am not getting text notifications. I would really appreciate more support in fixing this issue thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the troubleshooting options to get my text message to come through on my versa and they’re still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did Fitbit ever resolve this for you? I have been having the same problem and it’s super frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they have not 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes