Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in through Facebook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always used FB to log in with Fitbit. For some reason, after update, the app logged me out.  Now, when I go into app, there is no FB log in option.  I am stuck!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Angeltari, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to your profile settings on check the email your account is linked to. Then, restart your password and try to log in to the app with that exact email address and the new password. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m able to log in with through my email now but all my past data (from being logged in through Facebook) is now gone. Can I get that data back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chimes, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your participation in the Forums and for reporting this situation with me. Tell me, does the email you used to log in linked to your Facebook account? If so, if you log in with these credential in the online Dashboard, are you able to see your previous information. Please note that we store data from accounts in our servers, which means the data should be available when you log in to your account on different devices. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to reset my password twice now.  Each time it states that an email was sent to my correct address and I have yet to receive it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kuntrymom25, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know about this situation. i would like to thank you for having tried to restart your password already. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to check your spam or junk folder as some email providers might mark Fitbit emails as spam. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is the fitbit app no longer allowing to sign in using Facebook?  I accidentally logged out and don't see the option of signing in using facebook on the app.

Best Answer

I'd originally registered and logged into Fitbit using my Facebook account via my cell phone.  As of yesterday, I was bumped out of my account on my cell phone.  When I tried to login, logging in via Facebook was no longer an option.  I can login thru my laptop via Facebook but not on my cell phone.  When I tried to create an account with my email, it said my account was already established with that email address.  When I tried to reset my password (I've done this 6 times already) by sending a reset link to my email address, nothing ever comes into my inbox.

When I went to my settings, the email address on records was 'lawman@iownet.com' or something I've never heard of.  I assume this was a placeholder for my prior Facebook login.

I'm ready to stick a fork in Fitbit.  It's now just a digital watch and an expensive one at that.

Best Answer

I can login on my desktop via Facebook but not my cell phone, which is the only device I can sync my data with.   Apparently Fitbit has my email address to send me Spam but I can't login using it or reset my password, since it tells me my email is already on file.  However, the email in my profile (which I've never looked at until now) is some placeholder created when I originally logged in using Facebook instead of creating my own account.  I'm basically locked out with no recourse.   

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I logged into my account on my desktop, because the account is normally linked to my facebook, the email address is set to something random, I'm guessing its a temp address. and it won't let me change the email address without inputting my existing password, except I don't have an existing password because I log in with my email address. And I can't change my password as it sends the password reset to this random temporary email. I'm stuck in an endless loop and unable to log in on my phone

Best Answer

Did you ever get it resolved. The same thing is happening to me

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess they still haven't fixed this? Why take "Log in with Facebook" off your app when that's the only way a LOT of us can log in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having this issue! Please fix it! 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too!grrrrrrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Facebook email and my fitbit email are the same. I've tried to reset my over 3 times. It works when I come to the desktop app, but not on the app itself.  It says there's no user attached to the account.  Many of us use Facebook to sign-in; just fix the app.  Meanwhile, I'm missing steps and all my activity logging...

Best Answer

I figured it out - if your Facebook email address is the same as your fitbit email address - reset your password and make it the same thing as your Facebook pw.  I did and it logged me right in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a poor choice from FitBit. Won't let me login using facebook anymore without prior notice. It won't accept my password so I followed the steps here to reset my password and when I select my password, it says I cannot reuse the same password (which still refuses to accept when I try to log in) so now I have to use a totally different one. With all the current bugs that my Inspire HR currently has, I am starting to regret not having bought the no-name fitness tracker instead for 25$

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what worked for me today.  I knew the registered email so put that in.  Clicked “forgot password”.  Fitbit sent me a password reset email.  I followed the link and created a new password which I saved to my phone.  Fitbit automatically opened a browser page to log in.  Nothing there, however it then brought up a login which had the option to continue with Facebook.  I selected that and logged in.  I then closed the app on my phone and reopened it.  Went to the login and entered the email and new password.  It logged me in with all my details.  I hope this helps!

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I was having exactly this problem - I was getting the reset emails, but I couldn't log in on a browser or the phone app after I reset my password. Your solution of changing my password to the same one as my Facebook one has worked. You have saved me any further stress!

Best Answer