Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app won't log in. It keeps giving me an error message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone, made sure I have the latest software update, checked that my time is set on automatic, changed my password twice!!!! It's getting very frustrating now. I can log in on my laptop but not on any app, and on top of all of this my Fitbit wont sync. So it's currently of no use to me!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @CarlaJordaan, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us. Smiley Happy

Which error message are you receiving? Since when are you receiving it? In the meantime I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. Then, restart your phone and try to log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had this since updating my app. It won't let me log back in. And I can't sync my Fitbit. I have already checked my settings on date and time and rebooted my phone and this problem remains!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just done the latest update on IOS app won't open. Deleted and reloaded still won't open?

Best Answer
I have done that too yes!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same for me - app won't open. Just installed the update. iPhone 7 and iOS is up to date. 

Best Answer

Changed password. I can login on PC but not into app. Tells me to check email and password; I know what they are otherwise I wouldn't get here!

Edit: Changed my password again (after a reset because I couldn't get in on the pc) and can now log in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My App will open, but it won't connect to my Alta. This started after updating the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just switched phone (iPhone 7) off and on and all working! Basic I should have thought of that!! Hope cures yours too!

Best Answer
Sue - Thanks! It worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cool, so my app now works but my Fitbit still won't sync. I've restarted my Fitbit device. I've switched Bluetooth off and on again, paired the device again. Rebooted my phone. 🙄 still no luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes