Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into app with my Google account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed today that my Charge 2 was not syncing with my iPhone 8. I have the latest iOS version as well as the latest app version. However, when I try to open the app, I get prompted to log in. I originally created my Fitbit account using my Google account. However, I do not get the option to log into the app with my Google account. I only get an e-mail/password option. I have tried using my Google user name/password, but that doesn't work. I'm unsure what else to try. My only option appears to be create a new account with my e-mail and creating a new password. However, I will lose my history (2+ years of history), if I do this. I have force closed the app and restarted it. I've also rebooted the phone. Nothing appears to be working. I still get the option to log in with my Google account when I log into the website. Can you tell me how I can continue to do this on the app? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @lordyandy 

Since your gmail address is correct in the online Dashboard its quite possible that you have forgotten 

that you used a different password as you stated. Since you have access to your gmail account I think resetting your password would be the next choice.

Please keep me posted on your progress

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @lordyandy 

Please look at your online Dashboard to see if the email address in your settings is the same one you are trying to use to sign into the Fitbit App with. I can only assume you signed in here to make your post so that is why I am confused. Here’s how: 

tap the word “Dashboard” at the upper right corner of your screen if your here in the Fitbit Community 

now tap the gear :gear: wheel to the right of your profile picture on the upper right

tap “setting” in the drop down menu  

Look under Personal Info

You will see your email address associated with your account grayed out. Is this email correct? 

Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I log in on the web, after I click Sign In, I have the option to log in with Facebook, Google or an e-mail/password. I've always used my Google account. When I look at the e-mail address associated with my account from the website, it's my gmail addy. I thought I used to have the same login options when I logged into the app on my phone (Facebook, Google or e-mail/password). Now, I only have the option to log in with an e-mail/password combo. I've tried my gmail address with my gmail password and it doesn't work. Since I had always logged in with my Google account, I don't recall setting up a different password. I guess I could try doing a password reset.

Best Answer

Hello again @lordyandy 

Since your gmail address is correct in the online Dashboard its quite possible that you have forgotten 

that you used a different password as you stated. Since you have access to your gmail account I think resetting your password would be the next choice.

Please keep me posted on your progress

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply @SunsetRunner . I went through the steps to just reset my password. I was then able to log in with the app on my phone and log back into the website.

Best Answer

That’s fantastic @lordyandy! It’s always great starting out the New Year with wonderful news. Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer

Seriously, FitBit.  Why even let people create an account using Gmail or Facebook if you don't let them log into the app by the same method??  

I just created my account this week and got my Fitbit today, haven't even opened it yet, and instead of enjoying and discovering, I've spent the last hour reading help forums to try to figure out how to log into your stupid web app.  Now I have to change my password?  (Which the UI on your website is completely non-intuitive--- so far I've went to dashboard, settings, my profile / account page, looked through all the tabs, and as far as I can tell, there is no place you can reset password.)  And this is ridiculous because I never even set up a password in the first place.  It is single click login through Gmail.  

So if you need to use the app to use your product, and you can't log into the app via Gmail / Facebook login, then why let people create their web account using those methods?  

Such a bad experience, I'm very seriously considering just returning it.  Not worth the fuss. You guys should have had this figured out.  It's a freakin' login page.  How is it you can't do this? 

Best Answer