Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to iOS app, request timed out.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. 

Just  got a new iPhone 8, and trying to login to the app, but after about a minute a pop up displays “opps something went wrong, request timed out”.

i have reinstalled the app and restarted the phone but this did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jackson

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @JackNS, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to suggest you to try to log in to the Fitbit app using your cellular data (it won't consume much) by turning off the WiFi through your phone Settings. 

If you're still not able to log in to the Fitbit app, please reply to me with the OS version your phone is currently running and the app version installed in your phone (go to Account > Help to get it).

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, and can’t resolve it using cellular data. I’m running iOS 11.2.6. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AL0704, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Tell me, are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to log in? If so, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it. On the other hand, if you're not receiving an error message and the app just loads without logging you in, please restart your phone, then try to log in again. If you're still not able to, uninstall the app, restart your phone again and install it back; then try to log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Everything was fine, then the app said I needed to log-in again for security reasons. I couldn't get it to log-in so reset my password, but am still getting the same "ooops, something went wrong, please try again. The request timed out" message. 

Best Answer

Hello @radiokate, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Are you getting that message when trying to reset your password through the Fitbit app? Have you tried resetting it from the online Dashboard? If so, please let me know so I can determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. New account, can sign in through the website, but not the app. Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times, as well as on WiFi and cellular. Every time I try the app, the sign in process just times out. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AliG2010, it's nice to have you on board, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so I can check this issue further. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having this problem. I Have installed on wifi and cell data. I have tried to log in over WiFi and cell only and it still gives me that same message. 

My iPhone is a 7+ iOS 11.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Majohnso, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me and the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of the error you're receiving so I can check this further? That will be very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is my screenshot
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problems with brand new IphoneX.

login times out via widi

when try via cell data it says I need an internet connection (I am sending this via cell data)

can log log on to website via phone browser without problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Majohnso, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bniedert, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

@Majohnso, I appreciate your reply, unfortunately the screenshot you sent didn't come through. Please follow these steps in order to upload it in your next reply. 

@Bniedert, at this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please reply to me so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched to an iPhone 7 Plus. I’m running on 11.3 I’ve tried logging in on cellular data and WiFi neither work. I keep getting the “oops something went wrong. The request timed out” message. I can login online but not on the app. Here is my Screenshot 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved my problem.

Bought an Apple Watch.

Sent from my phone...

Best Answer

Not all of us can easily drop $300-$400 that easily. I’d rather fix the app for free since I’ve never had an issue until now. Why did you give me your phone number? That’s a bit odd.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, responded to post via phone email and it’s in my sig.

It’s is weird and I apologize.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lanilegend, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have sent a link to your screenshot, unfortunately it didn't come through. I would like to get some information from you so I can check this further:

• When did you start experiencing this issue.
  • Do you have more than 1 Apple account linked to your phone?
  • Have you tried to log in connected to a different WiFi signal?
  • When was the last time you updated the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It started yesterday when my watch wasn’t syncing so I deleted the app and redownloaded it and it wouldn’t let me back on. I don’t have any other apple accounts on my phone just one. I’ve tried my home WiFi and work WiFi neither work. Since I just redownloaded yesterday I’m guess the most current version. I cannot open the app to see what version it is.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. App told me I had to login for security reasons and I haven't been able to login since. Phone is running iOS 11.2.1. I have reinstalled the app multiple times. Changed my password via website. I am also unable to sync my Fitbit with the Windows desktop app. 

Best Answer