Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to iOS app, request timed out.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. 

Just  got a new iPhone 8, and trying to login to the app, but after about a minute a pop up displays “opps something went wrong, request timed out”.

i have reinstalled the app and restarted the phone but this did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jackson

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @Calvaruso, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Lanilegend, I appreciate it. 

At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free ot reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi,

Having the same issue as the other people here. Unable to log in as request times out. Any further troubleshooting steps I can take? Mobile data trick not working for me. Tried phone reset and app uninstall/reinstall also. 

Running 11.3 on iPhone

Thanks,

Chris 

Best Answer

Hello @ChrisC18, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and reported this situation. At this moment if you're not able to log in because the "request times out" please make sure to update the OS on your phone to the latest version, then try to log in again. If this doesn't work, try to connect to a different WiFi signal and try again. Please reply to me with a screenshot in case you're still getting the same or a different error message. 

Thanks for your patience, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer

Hi. I am also having this issue. Everything on my iPhone 7 is up to date and I keep getting the error 
Opps, something went wrong, Request Timed Out Error. I can log in online and on my iPad, so my passwords are good. This is obviously something with your software not working with the iPhone. Its getting really annoying at this point. Its been weeks since I could login on my phone. Please do something about this.

Best Answer

I am also having this same problem when trying to sync on my iPhone 7. I have updated the app, updated my phone, and it still will not let me login. I can login through the website so I know the PW and user name are correct. I am getting the "Request timed out Oops, something went wrong. Please try again." message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rstrunk07 and @Brenna_m, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation affecting logging in to the Fitbit app to my attention. If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described above, please reply to me with the following information so I can check this further:

• iPhone/iPad model you're using
  • OS version running on your phone.
  • App version installed in your phone (go to the App Store and type Fitbit, tap on it and you'll be able to see the app version)

Thanks for you patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
I’m on 11.3 I have already tried all the troubleshooting tips you gave. I already explained all of this before. I restarted my phone, redownloaded the app, tried on several different WiFi, tried on m cell data, nothing works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello and thank you for your time.

I'm having the same problem as all these fine folks. And have tried the same troubleshooting tips.

Here's my info:

This began for me yesterday, or possible the day before. At first my Alta HR wouldn't sync, then I got logged out from the app and haven't been able to log back in since. I can log into the dashboard on the website without issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this same issue, tried on wifi only and cellular data only.  Looks like this started when the app was updated May 3rd, it said it logged me out for security reasons, I haven't been able to log back in since.  I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 11.3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lanilegend, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply with the information requested. It's great to have you on board @crashdump, welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for replying with information as well. Smiley Happy

At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:

Switched iPhone off and on again - now works.....

I have the same issue. Is there a fix yet?

I uninstalled and installed the app on my iPhone 7 after having issues with sync (never completing, stopped about half way through). Now I cannot sign into the app. Get the same error message as others have reported in this thread. 

Moderator Edit: Added update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AHusted, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you took the time to update your post and let me know your issue was resolved after restarting your phone, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey have you tried restarting your phone? I know it sounds silly but that fixed mine(I’m the one of the original posters on this thread). Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarting the phone fixed mine as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Restart worked for me too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lanilegend@crashdump and @ChrisC18, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and let me know your issue has been resolved after restarting your phone, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I just purchased a new iPhone 8+. It worked fine until I updated the App. Said it was “cleaning things up”. Now, I cannot connect to the App. Nor, is it discovered by Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marco:

It worked for me AFTER reinstalling the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes