Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Alta with iPhone X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried everything to pair my Alta HR to my iPhone X but nothing is working 😞 

Ive tried:

1. Uninstalling the app, rebooting my phone, installing, rebooting, logging in

2. Restarting my Alta HR

3. Turning Bluetooth off for 10 seconds then back on

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?  Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @Ophelias, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I appreciate you also have let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to try to resolve this issue. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal when trying to set up your tracker
  2. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the process.
  3. Restart your Alta HR once again, only this time leave it plugged in and charging.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  6. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have tried everything @Ophelias did *and* everything @MarcoGFitbit suggested and my Alta HR *still* won’t pair with my iPhone X. Please advise.

Best Answer

I’ve tried that exact thing but still no luck. Fitbit will not connect to the new iPhones. I guess I need get a Apple Watch 

Best Answer

Hello @Chris82968 and @themindreader thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to greet new members of the Community. 

I appreciate your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer

I have recently gotten iPhone X and my Alta will not pair with it. I’ve tried everything I’ve seen on all these message boards and nothing works. It just keeps searching.

Best Answer

Hello @Tdunn, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great having you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer

I have tried everything to pair bluetooth with my iphone x and i really want to recieve msgs on my alta. I don't know what else to do.

Best Answer

Hello @cboeka13, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have let me know you've already tried all the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment, I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer

i have the same problem and the same experience as the others.  My Fitbit Alta syncs fine with my iPhone 7 but now with my iPhone XR - it doesn't sync.  It keeps searching.  Please include my email address in the FITBIT  resolution to this problem.   Thank you

Best Answer

Hello @Rhoshel, thanks for joining us, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If your Alta is syncing with your iPhone 7 but not with your iPhone XR, please go to your iPhone 7's settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, open the Fitbit app on your iPhone XR and try to sync again. Additionally, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync by going to Account > Alta > All-day Sync. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue. Don't worry, it has been tested and confirm that All-day Sync will not drain the battery on your tracker or phone faster than usual. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my iPhone XR and I did have my iPhone 7 forget the device and all day tracking is on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bethmartin, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this to us as well and for letting us know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps on your phone. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and enable All-day Sync again. 
  4. Force a sync by coming back to the Dashboard and pull down the screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I am having the exact same issue as above and have done everything mentioned here and in every other forum I have found. It will pair with my old iPhone 6S but not with my iPhone XR I got yesterday. I have deleted it from my old iPhone, removed any other blue tooth devices from near by and reset both devices multiple times with them plugged in! Please help me! I love my Alta and I need it to work! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Steph3775, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier. At this moment, if your tracker is syncing with your old phone is because the tracker still has a Bluetooth connection that's linking the device with your phone. Please go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, turn off the old phone and try to sync with your new one. 

If your tracker is still not pairing with the new phone, try to set it up as a new device to force a Bluetooth connection to be established. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG that worked for me.  I opened my old iPhone 5 and told it to forget the device and withing moments the Alta paired with my iPhone Xr…… Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HENMAJ, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having an issue trying to connect my Alta to my XS and no luck with any of the suggestions listed. I no longer have my old iphone 6s. It has been reset and given to a friend. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @POSHTASH, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and reported this to us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to remove all the device paired under your phone Bluetooth Settings, then restart it. Then restart your Alta, plug it in and make sure it's charging and try to set it up once again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give these steps a try and let us know in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, my device doesn’t show in my Bluetooth settings.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes