Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Alta with iPhone X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried everything to pair my Alta HR to my iPhone X but nothing is working 😞 

Ive tried:

1. Uninstalling the app, rebooting my phone, installing, rebooting, logging in

2. Restarting my Alta HR

3. Turning Bluetooth off for 10 seconds then back on

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?  Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @POSHTASH, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back again. Please note that if your device does not show up in the Bluetooth settings of your phone, you can skip step 1 and proceed with the rest to set up your device as a "new device" in the app. 

Please let us know if you try the troubleshooting steps and keep us updated with the results. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm not sure if this has been solved, but I just figured it out. My fitbit alta would pair with my old phone (iphone 6) but not with my new iphone xr. I had to go to my old phone and "remove device" from the fitbit app as well as "forget this device" from my bluetooth settings! Once I did that, I was able to reconnect with my new phone! Hope this helps!

Best Answer
Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately, I no longer have the phone. I gave it to a friend and wiped it clean.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RezzieMia, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @POSHTASH, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@RezzieMia, I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps that helped you resolve this issue. 

@POSHTASH, thanks for coming back and letting us know you don't have your old phone anymore. In this case I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the phone and your tracker, removing the previous link from the device. To set up your device as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes