Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive 3rd party notifications on Blaze.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good afternoon,

I recently upgraded to iOS 11 (beta software) and had issues with syncing my Blaze to the app. I removed the Blaze and added it as a new tracker to my app and ever since have had no app notification "apps" update to the list where you are able to check which apps will send notifications to your Blaze. In other words, when I get an update on my phone from CNN, it used to add CNN to the list of apps I could receive notifications from. It's been about 2-3 weeks now and I have yet to see any added to choose from. Does anyone know if this is a known bug in the iOS beta software, an issue with the app itself or possibly a combination of both? Bluetooth is enabled, and I can sync the watch normally. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kjghiytrfj11. thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting I provided earlier. Our team is already informed and working about this situation. In the meantime, one thing that has been proven to be helpful for many members facing the same situation is uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Please make sure to sync your tracker before uninstalling / reinstalling the app. Give it a try and let me know the outcome!  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @kjghiytrfj11, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind that because iOS 11 is still in beta status, some of your apps might not work correctly, including the Fitbit app. If you have set up your Blaze as a new device it's also possible that the list of 3rd party apps have been cleared, in which case you will need to receive a notification in your phone first from the app you'd like to add to this list. Then you will be able to enable it in order for the Blaze to receive notifications from the app in question. If you have already tried that, please let me know so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning and thanks for the quick response.

I'm aware of the beta status with iOS 11 and have been expecting glitches at times, however the 3rd party app list has not refreshed in 2-3 weeks. It has been empty since adding my Blaze back to the app and even though I continue to receive my usual iPhone notifications from multiple apps, it seems as though the app notification portion isn't "updating" in the beta. I continue to have the original issue in that I don't receive any notifications at all other than phone calls on the Blaze, but this I have deduced to being related to the beta software. Any other suggestions would be greatly welcome! Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kjghiytrfj11. thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting I provided earlier. Our team is already informed and working about this situation. In the meantime, one thing that has been proven to be helpful for many members facing the same situation is uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Please make sure to sync your tracker before uninstalling / reinstalling the app. Give it a try and let me know the outcome!  

Best Answer

Thanks again for the information. I had originally uninstalled and installed the app but will try it again as you have a new version out and the latest beta was released yesterday. I will keep you posted later on today if that suggestion gives me better luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Believe it or not I uninstalled the app and after reinstalling all 3rd party apps are now showing up and are transferring as per normal to my Blaze. Glad that this was a simple fix after a few weeks of the beta testing and no notifications! All other notification issues I previously had have also been resolved. Thanks again for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kjghiytrfj11, I hope you're doing well! 

I appreciate you have taken the time to reply to me and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes