Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications on Alta HR.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new IPhone X and can’t get my Alta HR to receive messages or calls. 

I have tried adding it as anew device, all my notifications are set in the on position and it’s connected to my Bluetooth. I have turned my phone in and off but still nothing. Is it compatible with the iPhone X?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Mygirl13, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, please note that the iPhone X is already listed as a compatible device. Tell me, have you restarted your Alta HR lately? If so, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding. I have done those steps several times and also opened a new email account and started fresh. Still nothing. I have taken it off Bluetooth and back on again about 5 times. I also have checked all notifications and they are all in the ON position. Just don’t know what else to try. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mygirl13, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed above. At this moment, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further:

• iPhone model you're using. 
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Alta HR version (go to Account > Alta HR to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for helping me with this. I appreciate it!
IPHONE model IPHONE XR
IOS 12.1.2
Alta HR version 26.63.2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problems with my new iPhone X and charge 2. I have also done every tip and troubleshooting instruction provided but still cannot get these to sync. Eager to hear possible solutions 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Hoping to hear back today so I can try and get it going before work tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pattythenp, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. It's great to see you too @Mygirl13, thanks for coming back and provide the information requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment, as you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread, my best recommendation would be setting up your devices as a "new device" in your account to reset the connection between the phone and your tracker. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. Smiley Happy

To set up your device again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Additionally, please make sure you haven't changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already done those steps. I did set it up as a new device and even changes my email and started from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

Thank you so much for your patience. I keep looking over and over my notifications and all seem to be on. Maybe I should just buy a new one. I’m at a lost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also done all of these things several times.  I never had problems with my last iPhone. Since getting the iPhone X that is when everything changed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mygirl13 and @pattythenp, I hope you're having a great day. 

I appreciate you have kept us updated about this situation and have provided your feedback about it. At this moment I have gathered all your information and forwarded it to our development team so they can check this further. Once we have more information to share with you about this issue, we'll make sure post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes