Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications on Alta with iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my old iphone 6s, my Alta would show up in my Bluetooth "My devices" list constantly and I would receive text and call notifications. I just received a new iphone 6s and my Alta only connects to bluetooth when the app is open; therefore, I'm not receiving any text or call notifications. It's syncing to my app correctly and my Bluetooth icon on the top right of my screen is only lit up when the app is open. How can I make it stay connected on my new iphone so I can receive text and call notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @TerezMag, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Fitbit trackers can only have a Bluetooth bond with one mobile device at a time. If you still have your old phone around, the tracker will still be connected to it. Please go to the Bluetooth devices on your old phone and if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, please tap on it and select Forget this Device. 

After removing the tracker, please go to your new phone, open the Fitbit app and tap the Account tab. Then tap on your tracker's name and tap Notifications. You will receive a message that says Bluetooth Pairing Required, tap on Set Up and follow the onscreen instructions. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

So if my mouse on the computer uses bluetooth I can not get notification?  That sucks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My "All-day Sync" was off 😳😳😳

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Olddaff, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @TerezMag, I appreciate it. 

@Olddaff, if you have a Bluetooth mouse on your computer, it might take the Fitbit tracker a bit to sync in case you're using a USB dongle in your computer as well but it does not affect the link between your phone and your tracker when receiving Notifications. Which tracker are you currently using? Are you having trouble with Notifications on your Fitbit tracker?

@TerezMag, were you able to try my previous troubleshooting? Are you able to receive Notifications now? If not, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Additionally, in case you need anything else, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer