Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive notifications on Charge 2.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have gotten two Charge 2’s in the last couple of weeks and both of them have had the same issues. The text message alert notification will not work at all. It will vibrate and alert me when someone calls but does nothing when I get a text. I have the notification options turned on for the Fitbit and all the allow options for notifications turned on with the app, as well as with my IPhone which is the 8th edition. I have tried all reset procedures listed in the manual as well as resetting my phone and it will still not work. My phone is brand new and one of the latest editions plus this is the second Fitbit I’ve received that has done the exact same thing. Is there something I’m missing? I realize it’s a small, probably trivial problem to be having with these products, but it was a feature I was really looking forward to. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Actually, I saw you post that response to someone else on the community board so I checked on my notification setting on my phone and apparently there is one option on here that will not let the notifications come through if it’s turned off and that is the “show in history” option. When I turn it off, no notifications. When I turn it on, notifications. So problem fixed. I still included a picture so it might help others.

E7A08F29-A979-4807-AFB9-1FCDD387113E.png

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Jstaind, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for let me know all the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue with Notifications on your Charge 2. As you have already restarted your Charge 2 and your phone I would like to suggest you to please check the following steps in order to reset Notifications on your phone and tracker:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on Charge 2. Then tap on Forget this Device. 
  • Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 
  • Open the app again and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

• Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

• BTPairing2.jpgTap Pair

Once the process is finished you can go back and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and select the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m afraid I have already tried that step as well. The device will still not do text notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jstaind, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and take a screenshot of what you're able to see here, then reply to me so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I saw you post that response to someone else on the community board so I checked on my notification setting on my phone and apparently there is one option on here that will not let the notifications come through if it’s turned off and that is the “show in history” option. When I turn it off, no notifications. When I turn it on, notifications. So problem fixed. I still included a picture so it might help others.

E7A08F29-A979-4807-AFB9-1FCDD387113E.png

Best Answer

Hello @Jstaind, thanks for replying, I hope you're doing well. I'm very glad to know your issue has now been resolved, thanks for letting me know the steps you've performed in order to resolve it! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have jumped through all the hoops that Fitbit have asked me to and have been contacting them for weeks about the fact that phone calls and text messages are not registering on my Charge 2.  My daughter is also having the same issue with her watch.  After many emails I asked them to be honest with me and state that if this is a general problem with the Charge 2 or just mine.  It appears that they know there is a problem and are trying to fix it but I’m angry that they made me feel like an idiot questioning and requesting screenshots of settings on my phone etc.  If they had been up front in the first place and admittied that there was a problem I would have accepted and been patient but now I am very dissolutioned with Fitbit.  I feel I have been given the run around and the not been properly informed.  I suggest that for future goodwill Fitbit make sure they admit when they have issues and keep their customers up to date with progress not just trying to sell us more watches.  I add that the Charge 2 is still being advertised as able to receive text messages and show phone calls surely this is wrong?  Very angry customer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried absolutely everything suggested as well as things I’ve thought of all to no avail.  My Charge 2 refuses to receive texts or calls from my iPhone. Really irritated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lkb1152, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about this situation. I would like to thank you for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps on this thread. At this moment I would like to ask you to press down the button on your Charge 2 for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned OFF or ON. Sometimes, this is the reason Notifications can't reach your tracker. If this is not the issue though, my best recommendation would be setting up your Charge 2 as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, all the information already stored in your account won't get deleted as it gets stored in our servers. 

Now, in order to set up your Charge 2 as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes