Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Charge 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot figure out how to set up my new Charge 2.  HELP!  I've tried on 2 different iPhones that should both be compatible.  On one (the newer phone -- iPhone 6s running iOS 10), I get to the point where I can enter the 4-digit code, but then it tells me there is an error.  On my older iPhone 6 (iOS 8), I can pair the Charge 2, but then it goes to "connecting to fitbit..." and stays there forever.  I have tried turning off the fitbit, turning off the phone, turning off bluetooth and nothing works.  I've been at this for an hour and can't get anything to work.  This is so frustrating!  I sort of expected that a $150 item would ... work.  Any ideas?  Or just take this thing back to the store?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @kryssp99, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Robot Happy

If your Charge 2 doesn't seem to set up with your phone, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on both phones and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart the phone you'd like to use to set up your tracker
  3. Restart your Charge 2 and leave it plugged in and charging
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, please give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem. Tried this solution but still can't get past the connecting with fit bit page where you input the 4 digit code. Any help out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brought a charge 2 in July lasted two weeks and stopped working, replacement arrived today and I cannot set it up. Give me a pass number but does not  sync  to Fitbit.  Already tried everything above but nothing works please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sully61 and @Bertie111, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is not finishing the set up process and you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described above, please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal on your phone and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the set up process. 

@Sully61, if you're setting up a replacement, please check in the Bluetooth settings of your phone if a Charge 2 is already listed under the paired devices list. It's possible the app is trying to connect to the older tracker, in which case you will need to remove the tracker from the Bluetooth devices before setting up the replacement. 

Hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes