Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Fitbit Alta.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Slowing losing the will to live! Now on my second Fitbit Alta this week, retuning the first one as totally convinced i had a faulty one but still - 5 hours of research and emails/phonecalls and still left with an expensive piece of dead plastic sitting on my desk! It will not sync with my iPhone/mac/ipod..anything!. I've followed instructions, switched off/on/off/on etc bluetooth more times than i can remember, deleted apps, registered on different iPhone under different email, switched phone now and off, re booted, pressed the button 3 times and again and again.... ran a mile into a field so no other bluetooth could 'catch us', read hundreds of trouble shooting pages and it is still searching.......................... Please i beg you, tell me your secret. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @painfulprocess, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Turn off every mobile device you've used to try to set up the tracker, except for one we're going to use (preferably your phone)
  2. Restart your Alta, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  3. Try to set up your tracker once again:
    • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
    • When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.
  4. In after entering the 4-digit number from the phone in your app the app keeps on "Connecting...", force-quit the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app, then open the app again, tap on Account and check if the tracker is now listed under your name. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes