Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync tracker after latest app update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app stopped recognizing my Fitbit flex after the last update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works.  I know my device is charged and working. What can I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

im having the same issue with my charge HR.

won't sync, my date time doesn't update so im 8 days and 15 minutes in the past right now.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the app and it won't even let me log in.

Using IOS 10.3.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Herllo @cnstr and @Kiser, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If your tracker is not able to sync after the latest app update, please check @HelenaFitbit's excellent tips and recommendations that have been proven to be very helpful for many members facing the same situations. 

In case these steps don't do the trick, let's try setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your tracker. Don't worry, this won't delete any of the information previously stored in your account.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some thing here. Mine hasn't synced in over a month and I've gone to that link. Giving it one more week and then I'm tossing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lawkern, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting provided by @HelenaFitbit, have you also tried to set up your tracker as a new device? If so, I would like to suggest restarting your tracker once again and make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the set up process. Then, try to set up your tracker as a new device once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Flex (I know super old) and the app literally just stopped recognizing my fitbit. It's charged, al llights are lit. I came back from a walk and it registered my distance but not any steps and then when I look it appears that it doesn't have my device listed anymore. I tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it but it says it can not locate ,my fitbit even though its sitting right next to it and fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes

my flex is stuck "looking" and will not sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge hr keep saying looking for the last hour and half all was fine earlier 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShannonFrancois@dave__w and @Loobie27, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, would it be possible for you to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? That will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes