Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Fitbit Alta.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My mom just gave me her Fitbit Alta and my phone can’t find it. I turned off/on Bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled app, and nothing works. If she tries to set it up on her phone, it finds it again. She removed the Fitbit from her account. I don’t know what else to try. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @FizzYo, if your mom originally set it up on her account, it may still have a bluetooth bond with her phone, even if she has removed it from her Fitbit account.

She should go to her Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app) and check if it is there.  If it is, choose, remove / delete device.

After that, if your Mom is with you, she should turn off Bluetooth on her phone while you try to set it up on hers.  

Hopefully this will help.  Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @FizzYo, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Julia_G, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@FizzYo, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. As @Julia_G mentioned, it's possible the Alta still has a Bluetooth link established with your mom's phone in which case she should go to the Bluetooth settings on her phone and check if Alta is under the list of paired devices. If it its, tap on it and select "Forget this Device". Then, try to set up the Alta once again. 

If your Alta is still having trouble setting up, please try the following in order:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone once again; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Alta.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Alta one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes