Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync tracker with iPhone 8.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am struggling with syncing my iPhone 8. This device is not on the compatability list. When will there be an update for newer.devices? To get it to sync I have to switch my device off then restart. I then have to log into the Fitbit app again. It still then takes some time to update the Fitbit. It’s very frustrating. Any advice please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and thank you for letting me know your Alta is currently syncing with your phone. Now, as the Alta is not receiving Notifications I would like to suggest you the following:

- Restart your Alta

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have tried all of this repeatedly.  My device will not pair with the bluetooth - I click on notifications and it tells me I need to pair, then it just circles, never connecting.  So frustrating! Works perfectly with my Iphone 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up.  I've read others that have tried this multiple times until it's worked, but frankly I don't have the time or patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had exactly the same problem so I gave up trying!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a hard time syncing to my new iPhone but then I went to my old phone Bluetooth and told it to forget Fitbit, my new phone synced right away once I did that! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Catherine13, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit app. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue. I'm sure they will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Catherine13. I love you! Your solution worked for me !  I have been trying to sync my new iPhone 8 to my existing Charge2 for three days, trying all the usual tips...turn off, turn on, etc. Then I read your suggestion of “ forgetting” the Bluetooth link on the old phone.  And as soon as I did, the new phone synced to the Charge2 immediately.  As I am planning to discard the old phone tomorrow, reading your note tonight was a blessing. Many thanks! 

Best Answer

Hello @Geofit84, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know @Catherine13's troubleshooting steps were helpful for you, thanks for joining the conversation and let us know. 

In case you need anything else, feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad it worked! Thanks for the nice message, it made my day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you and I will check it out now! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing today. Reinstalled app and still nothing. Please help.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Catherine13 and @df-166, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Catherine13, you're very welcome, please keep us updated in case you need anything else. 

@df-166, I appreciate you have already tried to troubleshoot this issue. Would it be possible for you to let us know which other troubleshooting steps besided uninstalling and reinstalling the app have you tried so far? This will be very helfpul for us to determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the above suggestions to get my Fitbit Surge to sync with my new iPhone 8 and it did not work.  It had previously worked fine fine from my old iPhone 6.  I then tried from an old iPad and it worked!  After that my iPhone 8 could see the Surge and connect to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have an I phone 8 not working

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up trying. Nothing seems to work 🥴😳

Regards, Sue
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Catherine 13. Once I went to old phone and told it to forget the Fitbit on Bluetooth , the new phone synced right away.  Fortunately I still had old phone. It would appear that Fitbit can only sync to one device at s time and you have to un- Bluetooth connection to old device before syncing to new device 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ‘rebooted’ my fitbit and it worked. I didn’t loss any data, which was
nice.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you advise how you “reboot” please?

Regards, Sue
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have 8plus want pair with charge3 tracker! Anyone help

Best Answer
0 Votes