Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync tracker with iPhone 8.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am struggling with syncing my iPhone 8. This device is not on the compatability list. When will there be an update for newer.devices? To get it to sync I have to switch my device off then restart. I then have to log into the Fitbit app again. It still then takes some time to update the Fitbit. It’s very frustrating. Any advice please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Im using iphone 8 and syncing works perfekt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gkv and @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your input @Gkv, at this moment we have just released a new update on the Fitbit app that adds compatibility of the app with the iPhone 8.

@SunsetRunner, at this moment I would like to suggest you to update the app and check if your tracker is still having difficulties syncing. Please note that the latest app update also includes compatibility for MobileTrack on iPhone 8, and that we will soon update the compatibility list.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have complete an update on my phone and my Fitbit app. It still won’t let me pair via Bluetooth to enable all day syncing.

Any ideas please ?

Sue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Please note that your Fitbit tracker does not pair to the Bluetooth on your phone through your phone's Settings, it pairs using the Fitbit app. If you'd like to enable All-day Sync go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Your Tracker > All-day Sync and enable it. You will receive a pop-up asking you if you'd like to pair the tracker to your phone, tap PAIR and All-day Sync will be enabled. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing the All day sync.... I get a message stating pairing failed. So no improvement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you the following steps:

1. Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 
  2. Turn off Bluetooth from the phone Settings (not through Control Center)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and turn on WiFi again. 
  4. Go to Account > Your tracker > All-day Sync and try to enable it again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get the Alta to work by going to the Fitbit App and setting up a new device. Went through the steps as I did when it was new and that seemed to do the trick rather than the other suggestions offered.

Hope that helps everyone who has struggled with this. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Marathonmom248, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all helps and my iphone 8 will not send notifications to firbit alta for phone calls and texts. Ive turned on everything. Deleted app and downloaded again. Checked bluetooth. Turned phone off and on. Still no success. Can you think of anything i might have missed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes I had to try this a couple times but go to app and then click on the “business card” button (it looks kind of like that to me) in the upper right corner of the app. Then even if you see you Fitbit just click add new device and go through the steps. Mine worked pretty quickly but my husbands I had to try a few times. Also you made sure that your iPhone had the newest update before doing it? Sometimes that helped as well as turning your phone completely on or off.

Feel free to keep bugging me and hopefully we will figure it out. You have a Fitbit Alta (doesn’t track HR) as that’s what I’ve been working with.

Melinda

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you but someone told me the iPhone 8 is not compatible for text and
call alerts to firbit band.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine and my husband got ours to work. We just got our iPhone 8 about two months ago. We both have a Fitbit Alta as I wanted to be able to get text messages and phone messages to the watch versus buying the apple watches. It took going through steps once with mine and then just hitting add new device even though mine appeared above that option. Then after going through the steps I turned off the phone and restarted and then did a sync and it worked. I had to do this a few times with my husbands phone and then it worked. I also had to ensure my iPhone had the latest operating system before I went through the processes.

Wishing you luck. But our iPhone 8 has worked with the Fitbit Alta. We got our Alta in January.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. After working on this for a long time it suddenly
decided to fully sync!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
YAY! So glad it worked. Like I said mine took a lot less time than my husbands did but they did sync. Technology...great and not so great.

Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @can328, thanks for joining the conversation. @Marathonmom248, it's great to see you around, thanks for taking the time to reply.

@can328, please note that the iPhone 8 is currently included in our list of compatible devices, I'm very glad your tracker is now syncing correctly. 

@Marathonmom248, I'm also very glad your issue has now been resolved as well, I appreciate you've taken the time to reply and provided help to @can328

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this a number of times today, multiple resets of Alta, iPhone 8, delete my app, reinstall.  Are there other steps to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did those things as well as just went to the app. Clicked the the top right “business card” looking icon and then just clicked set up device (even though I had the device up above) and went through the steps. Between that and shutting my phone completely off and on. Also ensuring my iPhone had the updated OS system. It eventually worked. My husbands took several tries of shutting off/on, deleting the device and app, as well as just simply adding a new device (even though it was listed above the “add a device” button). 

Wish you luck! It’s great to have it working to get calls and texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you around too @Marathonmom248, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to fix your issue, I'm very glad everything got resolved. 

@SunsetRunner, thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. If you have already tried @Marathonmom248's recommendations, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is synching to the app, however, I'm not able to get notifications via text or phone calls from my iPhone to my Alta.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes