Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update Fitbit Versa.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Iphone 6plus S and cannot get my new Versa to download, it is showing on mu Fitbit App however it states update and it does nothing!!! Please help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@mflink wrote:

I have an Iphone 6plus S and cannot get my new Versa to download, it is showing on mu Fitbit App however it states update and it does nothing!!! Please help.

I just set mine up yesterday on my 6S plus and it works fine. Had my chargers on both devices during the download. You may want to remove your Versa from your phone and then try the download again. Thinking back, it took almost a 1/2 hour to complete the download. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mflink, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's always nice to see new members around! It's great to see you around too @ACG, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@mflink, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. If you have already set up your Fitbit Versa, before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Versa can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Versa is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer