Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use connected GPS.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

i have spent many hours today trying to resolve this problem....read many forums with no joy. 

I have a new charge2. I synced first with iPad then iPhone. Both paired via the app and show on Bluetooth in settings. However, the Fitbit app does not show in Bluetooth Sharing on my iPhone and as a result will not allow me to access gps via the tracker. I can access god via the app.

i have reinstalled and switched off everything with no joy.  Any suggestions why the app is not showing in Bluetooth Sharing? I would obviously rather use my iPhone for exercise gps tracking  than the iPad! Is there a prob with the iPhone app?  

Driving me me crazy trying to find a fix. Very disappointing that it should be this difficult. 

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wow, I've fixed it. Just in case anyone else battles with this .... delete the app, go to

settings/general/restrictions and select off!!! Reinstall app and voila, it works! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Wow, I've fixed it. Just in case anyone else battles with this .... delete the app, go to

settings/general/restrictions and select off!!! Reinstall app and voila, it works! 

Best Answer

Thanks so much!!! I have this issue with my new Charge 2. I've called Fitbit support, I've chatted with them, emailed, read Forum...until stumbled on your post. It worked! Really appreciate it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome, glad I could help. Pity Fitbit support do not highlight this in the first instance! 😁

Best Answer

Thank you for this post! It totally helped. I did not have to delete the App to get it to work. I changed the restrictions setting and restarted my Blaze and my phone. I turned my phone on then turning my Blaze back on and checked to make sure the Blaze settings under Run/Walk/Bike still had Use Phone GPS as On.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the solution. I had the same issue and after chatting with Fitbit Support and further self troubleshooting, I found your solution. The Charge 2 GPS connection works perfectly on my iPhone now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pulse88, @SunsetRunner, @LACon and @mmlasve, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this situation and I'm very glad you were able to resolve it. @SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have taken the time to come back and let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members on the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes