Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not updating or syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa lite is not getting updated after iOS 13 update ... tried everything nothing is working .... don’t know how this will resolve 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome @Namita2709  and @KolaTony 

Thanks for coming to the Fitbit Community with your question. I understand your both having syncing issues since updated to the newest iOS update. Let’s try restarting for Fitbit trackers first to see that resolves the issue. You will not lose data doing this. Here’s how: 

1. For Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition and Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

If restarting your Fitbit Trackers still do not resolve your syncing issue I would suggest force starting your Fitbit app. Here’s how:

log out of your Fitbit App

now force shut the app by swiping up

now turn off your iOS device completely and wait 1-2 mins then turn your device back on

now log into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email/password 

now attempt to sync

Lastly if restarting your Fitbit Tracker and Force Shutting your app still doesn’t resolve your issue then I would suggest reinstalling your Fitbit App. You again will not lose your data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

😃 Please let me know if this does indeed provide you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

My app haven’t synced with my Versa for days now. Done everything on help.fitbit.com 
All my friends with Ios have the same problem. Don’t you have any technicians? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. As have some of my friends and family. We have all done everything posted on help.fitbis.com and more...

This must be fixed asap!

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @Namita2709  and @KolaTony 

Thanks for coming to the Fitbit Community with your question. I understand your both having syncing issues since updated to the newest iOS update. Let’s try restarting for Fitbit trackers first to see that resolves the issue. You will not lose data doing this. Here’s how: 

1. For Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition and Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

If restarting your Fitbit Trackers still do not resolve your syncing issue I would suggest force starting your Fitbit app. Here’s how:

log out of your Fitbit App

now force shut the app by swiping up

now turn off your iOS device completely and wait 1-2 mins then turn your device back on

now log into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email/password 

now attempt to sync

Lastly if restarting your Fitbit Tracker and Force Shutting your app still doesn’t resolve your issue then I would suggest reinstalling your Fitbit App. You again will not lose your data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

😃 Please let me know if this does indeed provide you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @KolaTony 

I see you have asked this question under a different thread. I answered the question there so I’m going to merge this question with your other one. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Namita2709 

I just wanted to check back with you to see if my suggestions did indeed help resolve your issue. If it did indeed help would you please tap the “best answer” box under my post with the instructions on helping you? It really helps other individuals coming to this community looking for answers to questions similar to yours. I’d really appreciate it! Thanks 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The update is taking sooooo long and at the end of it the msg I’m getting is data not cleared sync & try again.This had happened at lease 6 times.
really fed up with fit bit

Best Answer

Hello @Suzilow 

Are you trying to do a firmware update to your Versa Lite?
keep me posted 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased my Versa Lite about 35 days ago and experiencing the most annoying syncing and download issues ever. 

The firmware update is not occurring and the Versa is going on and off of the Blue Tooth on it’s on! I never experienced this with the Charger 2.

Can anyone assist?

Best Answer

Well...I had the same problem. Fit Bit are useless at problems. All you get from them is the bog standard .(try this try that). So much so after a week and hours trying to update etc., had to send the thing back. really wasn’t very happy at all. It’s a good job I still had my old Fitbit Alta Hr.

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve tried all of the steps in this post and nothing is working. I got this for Christmas, and I want to use it. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

You should be under warranty, so call Fitbit to have the watch face replaced.

I received a new replacement within 5 days after my claim!

Best Regards,

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

We bought it from Walmart and didn’t purchase the warranty 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @kelsibm7 

Can you tell me which iOS device your trying to sync your Versa lite too? Please include the operating system version as well. Example: iOS 13.3 iPad Pro 9.7 

😃 Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 7, iOS 12.3. I’ve heard bad things about updating to iOS 13 on iPhone 7s, so I’d prefer not to have to do that unless absolutely necessary.

I got through the firmware update, but now I’m having issues keeping it synced. I got it to work for a little bit, but it’s back to giving me problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @kelsibm7 

Thanks for the feedback. Your iPhone is indeed compatible with the Fitbit App which is great news! Your choice to not update to the iOS 13 is a personal choice and I respect your decision. 😉 
Have you tried restarting the Versa Lite? I understand you may have already tried this but it might be helpful. Here’s the proper way to restart your Fitbit Versa lite: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186 If that doesn’t resolve the issue let’s try turning your Versa lite off then back on again. Here’s how:

On your watch, open the Settings app :gear:  > About > Shutdown > confirm the shutdown. To turn your watch back on, press the back button. 

If your still experiencing problems I would suggest force shut the App and restart. Here’s how:

Turn off your Bluetooth 

log out of the Fitbit App

completely shut down your device, wait 1-2 mins then restart your device 

once your device fully loads enable your Bluetooth again 

now log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

now sync your device 

If all that fails please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Fitbit Tracker and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair". Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app,, tap your profile picture then scroll down and select "Set up a Device". Choose Versa Lite in the list of available Fitbit’s. This should start the setup process for your device. Just follow the instructions as they come. 

😃 Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes
If this is the first day of using your Fitbit, you should be under a factory year warranty. I had my Fitbit for a four days and it stop working.

Fitbit will know how long you’ve had the watch due to usage with the App. I did not purchase a warranty as well.

If you are still having issues with the Fitbit by tomorrow, please call Fitbit directly with your concerns.

Best Regards,

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’ve been trying these for the last couple of hours or so and now it won’t even get past the pairing stage. Should I do a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well....I didn’t have any luck with that Either.It just wouldn’t let me do it. SO I’ve sent mine back and got a full refund. It’s a good job I still have my old Fitbit Alta.

Suzi

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine problem started when I did the iPad upgrade.......

Suzi xx

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes