Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not updating or syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa lite is not getting updated after iOS 13 update ... tried everything nothing is working .... don’t know how this will resolve 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Hello again @kelsibm7 

If your still experiencing an issue try this: please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Fitbit Tracker and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair". Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app,  tap your profile picture then scroll down and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Just follow the instructions as they come.

If the issue is not solved after the above steps, please take a look at the help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? or  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

😃 Keep me posted

Best Answer

Hi! I’ve tried that option your speaking about..doesn’t work!, I was on the phone for 2 hours with the fitbit company , no luck no help they told me call back next week!!! Unreal! I have I phone 7S with Fitbit Versa and Fitbit with Alexa both wont pair!! ! It’s the IOS that needs the fixing my opinion... so disappointed . I need my watch to keep me alive I have fast heartbeat and this watch helps me when I have to get to the hospital. I have nothing now. Let me know please if something gets fixed with the pairing. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner 

Can you please clarify your iPhone version? Is your iPhone a 7 S or an iPhone 7 Plus?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Charge 3 and spent over two hours with help chat. None of their steps or suggestions work. I literally had to go through all the steps multiple times to demonstrate it isn’t the device and the problem is on their end. I find it hard to believe they can’t resolve this issue more quickly, but it has been going on for months. I am considering switching to a different device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @Erifa143 

I’m sorry you’re experiencing syncing issues. If you have tried all the steps provided here on this thread, and spent two hours with help chat and you’re still experiencing problems I can only suggest that you call Fitbit Customer Service. Here are ways you can contact them: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

I am truly sorry but I can’t help more than that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner,

I’m still having continuing issues with this, and I’m almost to the point of giving up and returning this Versa Lite. 

I’ve done every troubleshooting step multiple times. I even bit the bullet and updated my phone to iOS 13. It’s still not working. 

For the steps that involve removing the Versa Lite from my Fitbit app, reconnecting it is a nightmare. IF it decides to, it is a very lengthy process. It currently takes at least an hour to connect, maybe longer. The entire time, it’s stuck on this part:

68C76ED5-B8A0-4E54-BDC2-BE28A80C8FBD.jpeg

The progression gets as far as where the red line ends, goes back to where the blue line ends, and goes back and forth forever. I periodically check the app, and very rarely does it actually progress and fully connect. It’ll maybe sync once after that initial connection, but getting it to sync after that is a pipe dream.

Should I take this back and exchange it for another Versa Lite because this particular one is defective? Should I get a regular Versa? Or am I going to continue to have these issues no matter which one I get? I’ve had various Fitbits since 2014 and for the most part haven’t had any issue with them. But my experience with this Versa Lite has been less than enjoyable. 

Any ideas, help, suggestions (outside of repeating the troubleshooting steps for the nth time), etc. are appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kelsibm7 

I received your message and I responded there 😉 keep me updated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @kelsibm7 
Im super excited that you got my message and your now up and running again. I’m happy I was able to help. Happy Stepping!😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been setting up my versa lite for almost 2 hours now.  It's only at 37%. Is this normal?  My husband set it up, it was fine for about 6 days then it wouldn't update.  So he deleted the app on his phone and now i'm setting it up on my Iphone and it's taking forever! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: after almost 2 hours i received "update failed" 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @SunsetRunner 

Can you tell me which iPhone you have as well as which software version it currently has as well?

😃 Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone x, version 13.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @SunsetRunner 

Try this: 

plug your Versa Lite into the charger and let it fully charge (make sure you have it charging near your router because that will come in handy later) Once your Versa Lite is completely charged leave it plugged in. 

log out of your Fitbit App, then force shut the app by swiping the app upward 

now turn off your iOS device completely, wait, 1-2 mins then restart your iOS device 

log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

tap your profile picture, then scroll down and tap “Set up a Device”

choose Versa Lite in the list then follow the instructions carefully 

** Important: leave your Versa Lite plugged in while doing this....make sure your doing all this near your router. And, as I remember, there will be a time during the process it will say you can use your phone during that time but I would recommend leaving it alone.

😃 Let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn’t working for me. I have delete the app and logged into a Samsung
tablet 7.1.1 version and it is still not updating.
--

Best Answer

I’m confused. I thought you had a iPhone x, version 13.3 that you were trying to update too. I don’t see the Samsung tablet 7.1.1 version on the list of compatible devices for the Fitbit App. You can view the compatibility list here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315

I would suggest calling Fitbit Customer Service. Here is how you can contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do, but it wasn't connecting so i tried the tablet. I did however try
again again 3 times on my iphone. I logged out of the my app, added the
versa lite, paired it and i got as far as 37% before it failed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing I can think of is to restart your Versa Lite then try the download again. Here is how to restart your Versa lite: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186 If that still does not resolve the problem I would contact customer support here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

On a side note.... I would strongly recommend removing your private information from your previous two post. (Name, website etc) This is an open forum and it would be wise to remove it. Here’s how: tap the three small dots in the upper right corner of your previous post, select edit from the drop down menu, remove the sensitive information the tap post again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, i restarted the fitbit, and the phone and now it's saying it
failed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the last two days, the only way I could get my Versa Lite to sync with my account is by completely clearing the app data, restarting my phone and my Versa Lite, repairing my Versa Lite to my phone, logging into the fitbit app and then adding the Versa Lite as a new device ("replacing" the current one on my account, ie the same device that won't sync). Surely there has to be a better way to get my Versa Lite to seamlessly sync with my fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here. Christmas present but it doesn't work. Have been trying for more than 12 hours now. Could really cry... 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes