Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite will not connect to iphone 8 anymore.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa Lite is only 8 months old and for the last month i’ve had nothing but problems with it. 
My first issue was not being able to update the watch but now that issue has been resolved it will not stay connected to my phone and the app constantly says device not found everytime i try to sync, the time on the watch also starts to fall behind. 
I’ve been following posts on the forum and have followed the troubleshooting advice found, restarting phone & watch, turning bluetooth on and off, deleting and reinstalling the app etc but its not fixing anything! 

More advice needed please! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello and welcome @Tigger1985 

I understand your not syncing/pairing with your iPhone 8. I realize this has to be incredibly frustrating. You mentioned you have followed some troubleshooting advice that you found but nothing has worked. The troubleshooting steps you stated you tried are all great troubleshooting steps. I hope I can help. First the great news is that your iPhone 8 is indeed compatible with the Fitbit App. Let’s try this: 

Go to your Bluetooth and remove your Fitbit Tracker and tap “Forget this Device”

From Fitbit App tap profile picture, then scroll down and tap your Fitbit Name, then scroll down tap “remove device”

Now log out of the Fitbit App, then force shut the App by swiping the app upward

Now turn off your Bluetooth and your internet connection on your iOS device 

Now turn off your iOS device completely, wait 1-2 mins then restart your iOS device (perform a Restart on your Versa Lite while your waiting to turn your iOS back on)

Turn your Bluetooth back on and reconnect to your internet 

Log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

Now tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap “Set up a Device” 

Chose your Fitbit Tracker type from the list and just follow the instructions carefully 

😃 Hopefully this resolves your issue. Please let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried these steps, and my Fitbit Versa Lite will still not connect to my phone.  My phone is updated.  Should I do a Factory Reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @VersaLiteUser32.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your Versa Lite won't connect to your phone. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I don't recommend doing a factory reset and suggest following the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes