Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing after updating iOS.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve recently noticed my Fitbit has not synced to my iPhone since January first. I figured it was because I didn’t have the latest iOS version and the app was no longer compatible. Finally updated my phone to iOS 12.1, and saw that Fitbit had another app update; updated the app instantly. Forced closed the app and reopened it, tried syncing my Fitbit again, but it’s still showing my last update was on the 1st and that the battery is low when in reality it’s at 100%. I also tried doing the update for the Versa through the app, and it shows that my phone is unable to locate my Fitbit when it’s charging less than an inch away. I’m still getting Challenge requests but unable to participate because it’s not recording my steps. How can I fix this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Monique_17, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes