Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walks not showing up in the exercise tile.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help! At first my Fitbit Charge 2 was tracking all my exercise including walks ( over 15 mins/ uphill etc), but now my walking isn't being tracked. My steps are being counted and the 'active minutes' are being tracked, just not the actual walk and calories burned etc. Is anybody else experiencing this? My app is up to date and everything else seems to be fine, it's frustrating as it was tracking everything correctly!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

My walks also are not being tracked as exercise. Has not tracked since Sunday. 

Best Answer

Forgot to mention that I have a alta

Best Answer

Hello @charlemma and @Roseannie29, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you both on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As you're able to see active minutes and other data from the walks you're taking, I would like to ask you to go to the Activities section of the online Dashboard and check if your walks are showing here. If they are, it's possible the app is not loading the information already stored in our servers correctly, for which I would like to recommend the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. If this does't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. The I only activities that will show on the tile are ones I manually logged.

i have tried what you suggested and also updated my phone and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Still have the issue. 

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Hello @Emsrobb, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Please note that SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as placing your arms on the bar of a treadmill, or pushing a stroller while you walk, may interrupt SmartTrack. Additionally, stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking.

By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't being recognized, lowering the time auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes may help ensure they record properly.  At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise tile, then on the gear icon and then on each individual activity. Make sure Auto-recognize is enabled and if you like you can reduce the time SmartTrack will take to auto-detect the exercises.

I hope these suggestions help you get back on track, but please don't hesitate to reply in case you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply.

I do know how the fitbit activity tracker works. I have been using it for quite sometime with no problem. However, it has stopped tracking any exercise that is not manually entered. I double checked and all my auto recognize are still set at 15 minutes. All of my runs that are not recorded are longer than 15 minutes and there isn’t any stopping. In fact, I have Map My Fitness synced with Fitbit and that has stopped working too.

I went back and looked and the last several weeks (since Feb 17) have had this problem.

What can I do?

Best Answer

Hello @Emsrobb, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear SmartTrack didn’t log your activity after you lowered the Auto-Exercise Recognition setting.

We've found that some customers have a better experience with SmartTrack if they try wearing their tracker on a different wrist. Because SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms, in some cases, changing the wrist that you wear your tracker on can improve activity recognition.
Remember that if you change your wrist, you should also change your handedness setting. For more information on how wearing your tracker affects accuracy, please see the article How accurate are Fitbit trackers. For instructions about updating your settings, see the article What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection

I hope this gets you back on track, please feel free to reply if you have any other questions or concerns. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

I‘ve been using my fitbit along with the autotrack function with no problems since I got my fitbit in July. The auto track stopped working on Feb 18. 

I really would prefer to keep my fitbit on my left wrist, as I have been doing. Are there any other trouble shooting tips?

i have to say, I am getting pretty frustrated as I have reached out to fitbit via phone, email, Facebook and now this forum. I have yet to find someone who actually takes my problem seriously. So far, all responses I have received have been based on the premise that I don’t know how the fitbit autotrack works. I do, I’ve been using it with no problem for months and it stopped working. I understand you have to start with the basics but if every response is one basic “user error” based solution & when I report back that isn’t the issue & it takes a day for someone to get back to me, it is going to take a month to get this figured out!!

Best Answer

My 'Track Exercise' information seems to be missing from the dashboard on my app. You know it normally tells you how many days you have exercised. Mine is gone and it just says Track exercise now, all the data from previous days has gone too. My active minutes have logged and I have my auto track set up right so it would register at 15 mins of running and I did more than 15 mins. The exercise just hasn't registered for the day. I can see Sundays did but the data isn't showing on the dashboard day for Sunday. In the last two years I haven't had a problem with auto track or this type of issue. I have force quit the app and logged out and back in and it hasn't fixed it. The app was updated recently so I am running the most recent version. It just seems to have stopped overnight! Any ideas if there is a wider issue with this or is it just mine? Thanks,

Best Answer

I am having this exact problem and I know I've set all my auto track up correctly and I've tried the trouble shooting but it still doesn't fix the problem. I've had a charge for two years now and it has always been on the same arm and never had any problem with tracking exercise but as of last night it seems to have stopped. I cant see previous days either, definitely got to be something up with the app!

Best Answer

Hello @Emsrobb, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Thanks for joining the conversation @Popsie35, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry SmartTrack is still not logging your activity correctly, I appreciate you have taken the time to troubleshoot this issue with me. At this moment I will forward the information you have provided to me to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share about this issue, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Yes, this morning my sleep tracker seems to be incorrect too. In my dashboard it says 2hr 36 mins for today and then for every day before too. I have definitely slept more than 2hrs 36 each night but it seems to be wrong.

i have entered my exercise manually this morning and the tile has updated but the auto track for my exercise and now sleep is not working at all. I have tried lots of different troubleshooting methods and nothing has worked yet. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

After talking to approximately 32 different fitbit reps and finally getting through all the copy/paste responses, I finally got a response from someone:

The discrepancy reported has been escalated to our engineers and they are aware of the problem. Rest assured that we are working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. The fix will come in a form of an App update or firmware update for your tracker as we don't have a specific date of when this issue will resolve. You're more than welcome to follow up on the situation in future. 

So, basically it is a system error and maybe someone will fix it and get back to me. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Thank you! 😊

Best Answer

Hello @Popsie35 and @Emsrobb, I hope you're having a nice day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Emsrobb, I appreciate you have come back and let me know the response provided by our Support Team. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry about not replying sooner but been super busy. The app did record my walk yesterday as I was out by myself and not pushing a stroller. As far as recording when out and about with a stroller it usually does record—can’t leave a little ones home while I do so—will see if it does again today or not when we head to the library. For the other days that it didn’t I put them in manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Roseannie29, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your findings. I appreciate you have tested the tracker and I will appreciate if you can continue keeping me updated. 

Thanks for everything, I'll be waiting for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It no longer tracks when I am pushing the stroller. Today I was able to push the stroller mainly with one hand but guess I didn’t have my arm that I wear the Fitbit on swinging enough as it didn’t record my walk to playgroup or back again. It’s 20 minutes each way.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes