Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water count glitch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. From time to time my water intake level goes a bit haywire. It's happened forever and each update of the app does the same. If i add an intake (for arguments sake 500ml) it records it in the list, adds it to the daily total initially but then the daily total reverts to the previous amount. Even though it is still shown in the list. I thought it may have been to do with an internet connection problem, but it never refreshes if I leave it. I have to completely delete the day's water intake and re record it. 

I hope this can be fixed for future versions 🙂

oh i am using a charge HR. But don't think that that would affect it. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @BenjaminEdgley, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. 

This is indeed a very odd situation. Would it be possible for you to check your water logs for the day on the online Dashbaord after you record them? If the logs appear in here, please forceclose the app by double-tapping the home button and swiping up the app. This should refresh the information and show the accurate water logs so you won't have to delete them and log them again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it  a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem. This glitch only started happening in the last few weeks. I've had my fitbit and app since December. The online dashboard reflects the correct amount. So I end up having to restart the fitbit app ( as you described). But this is annoying and I shouldn't have to do this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lareina77, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thank you for reporting this, I'll make sure to forward the information to our development team so they can take a look at this as it seems the information is not updating correctly within the app, which is why when you forceclose the app, it appears. In the meantime, in order for the app to refresh the information and to no having to forceclose it every time, please try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. If you're still experiencing this issue, please let me know. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have just had the opportunity to test the theories talked about in the thread. App refreshing does not work. All that happens when I re log in is that the extra water logs that haven't added to the total disappear completely. So it is definitely an app glitch. The only way to fix Is to delete and re add the correct water intake. Hopefully the app will be fixed soon 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes