Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the meaning of the icon in the RHR graph?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • Hi Fitbit community 

I’ve been using Fitbit for 3 years now I’m currently using Sense . Today when I sync the watch with my phone on the Resting Heart Rate an Icon of what it seems to be a heart with spikes showed up. Does anyone have the same Icon ?
I contact customer service and they didn’t give me a straight answer about what it is . I’m wondering if somehow the Sense found an irregularity

thanks for the reply  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I have no idea but I'd be curious to see it if you could post a screen shot.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@Ale1983   Do you have your Sense set for a high or low heart rate alert?  Fitbit added heart rate alerts to the Versa 3.  Here is today's RHR graph:

33B98B9C-7641-436F-A427-6DE3A31A6D46.png

I set the heart rate alert to test its accuracy.  I have a low RHR, so I set the low HR alert to 60.  I got a low HR alert yesterday.  But I also got low alerts on other days.  I tried using a magnifying glass to see what that is, but it didn't help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Ale1983   @JohnnyRow   I decided that this has nothing to do with a low heart rate alert.  I enlarged my screenshot and I can see a "4" as part of this icon.  The icon is there today, only in the last measurement, but it looks like there is a "5" as part of the icon.

I am gong to flag this to see if a moderator can answer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Welcome, @Ale1983. It's good to see a new face around. @JohnnyRow and @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up and your great help!

@Ale1983 Thanks for letting us know about the icon showing in the RHR graph, and for every step tried prior to posting. This is odd and to work on this, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force stop the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  4. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Tap the heart rate tile and check the graph one more time.

If the issue persists for you and @LZeeW, may I know since when this started to happen? What is the model and OS version of your phone. Also, go to the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the Fitbit version.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've seen other postings of this also, though don't have the references.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit   I followed all of your steps and it didn't make a difference.  I have an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.6.  I have version 3.43.1 of the Fitbit app.  It started nine days ago.

I enlarged a screenshot for a better view:

BCD6AC43-F437-4C6D-8A85-92B3432CB57C_4_5005_c.jpeg

This screenshot is the only one that looked like a 5 is embedded.  Every other day looks like a 4.  And, yes, my RHR is that low.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Can any one please please tell me what the two circles interlocking in this picture mean 

https://imgur.com/gallery/XClI0fq

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit   I want to add that my husband, also an iPhone user, has the same icon in his RHR graph.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnnyRow and @LZeeW. It's good to see you again. @Jeffj90 Welcome on board.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, as well as sharing screenshots of the Fitbit app. Because the steps suggested above didn't work, I've gone ahead and forwarded your details to our team so they can look into this and investigate what may be occurring. In the meantime, be sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date and I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more details from them.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your reports and screenshots provided.

I've moved your post to the iOS App board to keep our forums organized and on-topic. After forwarding your posts, it seems this icon appears only on iOS devices and I was told that this symbol shows the resting heart rate of that day in a small size. I'm sorry this symbol isn't clear enough and rest assured it doesn't represents any abnormality with your heart rate readings. Our team strives to improve the Fitbit app based on every comment shared by our members in the forums, and I'm sure your feedback won't go unnoticed.

Have a good one.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit   You answer is not satisfactory.  My RHR on the day of my enlarged screenshot was 51.  I can enlarge my screenshot even more and I never see a 51.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

5E150F19-3676-41AA-A7FD-111C9B23EEB0.png

Best Answer

Hello @ChasWalters and welcome to the Help forum.  That is a known display bug in the iOS app.  Fitbit is aware.  I am also moving your post to the iOS forum.  If I can find the thread where a moderator commented, I will merge this thread with that one.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi @JohnnyRow , I couldn’t add an attachment with my post, but it’s the icon everyone is talking about down the thread 

Thanks for the reply 

Best Answer

I think we have the Icon on RHR chart because the new software update . 
Before I submitted the question here, I contacted Customer support to ask about this icon . But they didn’t give me a straight answer , luckily there are many users who have the same icon 

Best Answer

Hi@Jeffj90 

I have the same icon on my RHR chart, and every morning changes position from day to day . I’m assuming the icon shows current day RHR measurement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your feedback about the resting heart rate graph on the Fitbit app. @ChasWalters and @Ale1983 Thanks for your efforts while trying to share a screenshot in this thread. As mentioned before, that icon represents your daily resting heart rate in a small size. I understand it's not clear enough and given this inconvenience, I've escalated your posts and details to our team so they can look into this matter. Once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

See you around.

Best Answer