Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Notifications on Alta HR?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need to configure whatsapp to receive notification on my Fitbit alta HR but I don’t see the options to select type to text message to receive. Can you plz walk me through on this I’m using iPhone 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Ajayshivaprakas, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and your insight about this situation. At this moment it's not possible to receive Whatsapp Notifications on Alta HR and there are not plans to release Whatsapp Notifications on trackers other than the Fitbit Blaze, Ionic, Versa and Charge 3. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs

Our team has left the feature suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so our team can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

And when it will be availible this option for IOS cause we still have no answer since 2016!

Best Answer

Hello @Justcurious, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about your device not being able to receive Whatsapp Notifications. As mentioned earlier, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please make WhatsApp notifications an option for Alta/Alta HR!! (For both iPhone and android) 

Its disappointing to hear this continues to not be something Fitbit intends to do, despite it being a recurring request since at least 2016. 

I for example would REALLY make use of that feature. As I want to stick to my simple and affordable Alta HR, but as I travel quite a bit and am constantly in contact with people overseas. So I make use of WhatsApp almost daily and it would really be nice if I could get my WhatsApp notifications on my watch (Alta HR) as well. 

Best Answer

Hello @elle_wudel thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to provide your feedback and suggestion. However, at this moment our team does not have plans to implement Whatsapp Notifications on the Alta or Alta HR. Note that each device has a ‘lifecycle’ as technology advances and as customer requirements change. Although we support all of our devices, they may not receive the latest features or software updates indefinitely, in this case, app Notifications, which include Whatsapp, Messenger, etc., that are currently available for our newest trackers (Versa, Ionic, Charge 3). 

Thanks for your understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes